Sign in to follow this  
Moomin

Hello

Hello, Im new to the site. Im 38 and my partner has Aspergers. I wondered if there is anyone on the site in the same position as myself?

Thankyou for reading my post :)

Louise

Hello, Im new to the site. Im 38 and my partner has Aspergers. I wondered if there is anyone on the site in the same position as myself?

Thankyou for reading my post :)

Louise

p.s I think my computers going potty, it posted this three times! ooops x

Hi Louise, and welcome to the forum.

I am an adult with Asperger's, and there are a few of us about. Our perspective is obviously different from yours, but we might be able to help you make some sense of things. Many members here have children with autism and AS, and see similar traits in their partners, so may well also be able to see where you are coming from too.

Hi Louise

Welcome to the forum.

My partner has Asperger Syndrome.

Nice to meet you....

Best wishes

Delyth

Thankyou and thankyou to everyone who replied for making me feel welcome. Thats a big comfort. xx

Its so good that the forum can bring people together and maybe help with understanding for myself and others. Please put up with me if I cant figure out how to do these posts properly. I think Im kind of getting it? Having met a new partner with Aspergers is a complete new journey for me personally and Im sure for him. I dont want to label him (we are all who we are), I hate labels but it does make him who he is and hes just so dear to my heart. I would never want him to be any different but just find it difficult to get my head around some of his ways. I would never say that too him. I guess Im learning and want to learn more. We are both on a new journey and its good to have friends out there!

Thankyou

Lou x

Hello Louise

I hope you find the site as useful as i have

Emma