Sign in to follow this  
linny

Sainsbury's high juice

Hi we have used Sainsbury's peach high juice with some success for the last 5 years and guess what, they have discontinued it. Any ideas for an alternative - not meridian pear juice though, thanks Lin

have you tried adsa or tesco to see if they have it in their own brand range?

Emma

have you tried adsa or tesco to see if they have it in their own brand range?

Emma

Not 'High juice' but rocks organic range is a safe bet...

:D

Thanks both, I am looking for a peach drink if poss as we don't do citrus or blackcurrent - i don't think that Rocks do any suitable flavours ? lin

Hi.I am pretty sure lidl do a peach nectar.It is likely to have more sugar in than high juice.I don't know exactly what is in it and lidl don't have a list of ingredients on a web site.However if you think it might do I will have a look at the box next time I am there.Karen.

Lidl used to do a brilliant pear juice.

We use pomegranate -stacks of anti-oxidants and no hyper-ness.

but it's horrible :sick:

Pomegranates are not something I've ever really 'got' - all that aggro picking out a pip that has the texture of a bogey, no flavour and a horrible skin around it ...

Rhubarb - that's what you want! (Accherley - I've gone right off that since it became 'trendy' :angry: Thank god I've still got my gooseberries! ;))

i was in asda last night and had a look they do do a peach drink also robinsons do a peach drink aswell :thumbs:

Emma

i was in asda last night and had a look they do do a peach drink also robinsons do a peach drink aswell :thumbs:

Emma

Hi emma - I think the Robinson's ones - even the non-'barley' ones - usually contain some less than helpful ingredients, so you need to be a bit cautious with those...

A word of caution re the 'nectar' style juices mentioned earlier in the thread - they usually have loads of added sugar, and sometimes the dreaded aspartame too :wacko: It's a catch 22 'cos avoiding the nasties usually means more sugar or more acid :( With fruit juice I try to get Ben to add about 25% water which cuts into the acid levels very effectively, but i'm sure he 'forgets' when i'm not around! By the time he's twenty he'll have see-through teeth! :lol:

L&P

BD :D

Hi, I agree about the nasties in Robinsons, especially aspartamene, not good. Luckily, my ds will drink his juice with 75% water so we can get away with the nectar as long as it is just juice and sugar. I like picking out the snot , sorry seeds in pomegranites, it was one of the highlights of my otherwise fruit deprived childhood! Lin

Have you thought about making your own fresh. You dont need a fancy juicer, you can get a liquidizer from tesco or asda for under a tenner, liquideze a couple of fruit strain it through a cheap nylon sieve (as opposed to a metal one as the holes are smaller) water it down in a jug and add sugar if necessary.

It should keep for a few days in the fridge.

Worth a try if you can't get an alternative to suit.

you said you don't do citrus or blackcurrant, what about apple or summer fruits? i saw both of those in sainsburys today, and both are sweet so reasonably close to the peach.

you said you don't do citrus or blackcurrant, what about apple or summer fruits? i saw both of those in sainsburys today, and both are sweet so reasonably close to the peach.

Hi there,

I used to visit http://www.webmd.com for nutrition, calories, and foods and health matter.

Hope it would be helpful for u.

Regards,

Goody :)

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Welch...|1087|1272|2335

Is this any good? Our kids like it but I know the grape might be a problem.

If not try health food shops. I used to buy fruit drinks from them which had no additives in but they were concentrates in a bottle. I cant remember what the brand was though.

Failing that, write to Sainsbury's explaining your problem and ask if they can locate some from any of their branches. Write directly to Justin!

Some baby juices also have peach in

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Cow--...|2557|1127|3082

Edited by peaches

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Welch...|1087|1272|2335

Is this any good? Our kids like it but I know the grape might be a problem.

If not try health food shops. I used to buy fruit drinks from them which had no additives in but they were concentrates in a bottle. I cant remember what the brand was though.

Failing that, write to Sainsbury's explaining your problem and ask if they can locate some from any of their branches. Write directly to Justin!

Some baby juices also have peach in

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Cow--...|2557|1127|3082

I like Welch's juice and we can buy it from vending machine. Well, it is small bottle one. I like grape one. Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Goody :rolleyes: