Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Hmmmm...

Watching telly tonight and noticed an advert for shampoo using 'She's got Marty Feldman's Betty Davies eyes' as background music! Got me thinking that there's not many songs about hair they could have used...

Only one that immediately sprang to mind was 'Je Suis un rockstar' and the lines 'she took off her hat/and she had lovely hair'...

Well, either that or 'wig' by the B-52's (wiiig wiiig wiig wiig), but i don't suppose they'd wanna go with that(?)...

So pop fan's - can anyone think of other hair-related songs the ad execs could use so they wouldn't have to resort to other body parts?

Oh - and after that an ad came on advising that if you don't eat a particular brand of yoghurt you will be ignored - even by your best friends - down the pub. I think it's one of the brands that helps you fart, but can't quite see why that would have a positive impact on your popularity(?)

Wiiig wiiig wiiig wiig......

:D

Courtesy of my dd - "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair" :D

And I'm reliably informed there's a song called "I am not my hair" though I've never heard it.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Hairspray the musical - the soundtrack (actually have no idea what this is about and have a strong suspicion it has nothing to do with hair at all... :unsure: - But it's got 'hair'ish in the title :lol:)

Oh and...

:o :o - 'shining, gleaming, steaming ... a home for bees' :blink::o:unsure:

See... we should start our own advertising agency!

Mumble - that song you found was just about the most awful thing i've ever heard (I clicked in the middle and lasted about four bars!)

I thought afterwards of Crosby Stills Nash and Young's 'almost cut my hair'... then a bit of lateral thinking thought you could use songs associated with colours for dyes ('Golden Brown' by the Stranglers, and didn't one of the boy band's do one about 5 colours in her hair or something? fade to grey by visage! True colours by Cyndi Lauper...). Then you could have songs about fixing hair damaged by over-dying - Colour on Colour by Hot Chip or......

Extending this a little - what about hair related bands - Haircut 100/Split Enz etc...

:D

Mumble - that song you found was just about the most awful thing I've ever heard (I clicked in the middle and lasted about four bars!)

I aim to please. :D

Mumble - that song you found was just about the most awful thing i've ever heard (I clicked in the middle and lasted about four bars!)

You should have started at the beginning...that was even more scary! :o:ph34r:

Has anyone mentioned the entire musical Hair?

I can think of some folk songs... :devil:

Boho :whistle: (because there's no 'singing' emoticon :( )

You should have started at the beginning...that was even more scary! :o:ph34r:

I was trying to think who it reminded me of... :whistle::ph34r: :ph34r:

OK, I'm upping the ante now!! :ph34r:

Er-em...

McFly: Five Colours in Her Hair

Sandi Thom: I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair

Eric Clapton: Wonderful Tonight, '...brushes her long blonde hair...'

Aqua: Barbie Girl, '...you can brush my hair...'

Kid Rock: American Bad Ass, '...got my long hair swingin'

Nickelback: Rockstar, '...all the Playboy bunnies with their bleach blonde hair...', '...I'll even cut my hair and change my name...'

INXS: Suicide Blonde

Bob Marley: Buffalo Soldier, '...dreadlock Rasta'

Papa Roach: Between Angels and Insects, '...present yourself, press your clothes, comb your hair...'

Shania Twaine: Honey I'm Home, '...my pantyline shows, gotta run in my hose, my hair went flat...'

Have I won, have I won?? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Boho :lol::dance:

Edited by bid

OK, I'm upping the ante now!! :ph34r:

Er-em...

McFly: Five Colours in Her Hair

Sandi Thom: I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair

Eric Clapton: Wonderful Tonight, '...brushes her long blonde hair...'

Aqua: Barbie Girl, '...you can brush my hair...'

Kid Rock: American Bad Ass, '...got my long hair swingin'

Nickelback: Rockstar, '...all the Playboy bunnies with their bleach blonde hair...', '...I'll even cut my hair and change my name...'

INXS: Suicide Blonde

Bob Marley: Buffalo Soldier, '...dreadlock Rasta'

Papa Roach: Between Angels and Insects, '...present yourself, press your clothes, comb your hair...'

Shania Twaine: Honey I'm Home, '...my pantyline shows, gotta run in my hose, my hair went flat...'

Have I won, have I won?? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Boho :lol::dance:

I think that was a team effort! Papa Roach??? Yarp Yarp... chinny..... :whistle:

I think that was a team effort! Papa Roach??? Yarp Yarp... chinny..... :whistle:

Gah! Curse you, Red Baron!! :lol:

Didn't Kid Rock give it away, too?? ;):lol:

But I didid think of Shania Twaine, I did! :D

Boho :shame::wacko:

Edited by bid

Courtesy of my dd - "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair" :D

No, no, no, the words are "I'm gonna wash that hair right out of my man" and yes, they would be the ideal words for advertising depilatory cream for the extra-hairy man.

And wasn't there a song by the Plaiters?

Sorry, I can't find a 'cheesy' joke icon.

Billabong

No, no, no, the words are "I'm gonna wash that hair right out of my man" and yes, they would be the ideal words for advertising depilatory cream for the extra-hairy man.

And wasn't there a song by the Plaiters?

Sorry, I can't find a 'cheesy' joke icon.

Billabong

I once ate a bad rabbit casserole (that's a casserole made with past its sell by meat - not a 'bad wabbit' casserole as made with a naughty cartoon bunny by Elmer Fudd) and my partner had to pump my stomach with the garden hose).. she also sang, I'm gonna wash that Hare right out of my man ... :whistle:

There was that song by BA Robertson about American fringes: Bang Bang...

Edited by baddad