Sign in to follow this  
Kristina11

Hello all...

Hi all,

My name is Kristina, I'm a mum to 2 wonderful children, my daugther who will be 3 in July and my son who is 10 months.

My daugther was diagnosed on Friday with ASD. I know we are lucky to get a diagnosis so early with her but it has been a long hard battle as most of you will know. I feel now though I have hit a brick wall, what do we do next? what help and support do we get? All we got told was they would update the Educational Psychologist and Speech and Language, to contact SNAP and see us again in 6 months. We have been told that we are eligible for Good Beginnings but that doesn't start until September/October, so what are we supposed to do in the meantime.

I'm glad I have found this site and look forward to speaking and getting to know you all.

Kristina x

Hi kristina and welcome to the Forum. :)

It is I think a very up and down time after diagnosis.Ben was diagnosed with AS a few months ago.We had known that Ben might have AS for three years but it was still a shock.Ben is 10.

There is another thread running at the moment here.The child in that thread is not yet three and is still undergoing assessments.However I posted a few links on that thread that might be helpful for you.I will find a link. :)

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=21397

Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Hi all,

My name is Kristina, I'm a mum to 2 wonderful children, my daugther who will be 3 in July and my son who is 10 months.

My daugther was diagnosed on Friday with ASD. I know we are lucky to get a diagnosis so early with her but it has been a long hard battle as most of you will know. I feel now though I have hit a brick wall, what do we do next? what help and support do we get? All we got told was they would update the Educational Psychologist and Speech and Language, to contact SNAP and see us again in 6 months. We have been told that we are eligible for Good Beginnings but that doesn't start until September/October, so what are we supposed to do in the meantime.

I'm glad I have found this site and look forward to speaking and getting to know you all.

Kristina x

Welcome Kristina!

As ever Karen has already given some great advice (and Bid!) - I just wanted to add that Portage was our greatest support after diagnosis so check out that if you can. Also the National Autistic Society do good courses and have some great information.

Hope you find all the info you are looking for.

Welcome Kristina!

As ever Karen has already given some great advice (and Bid!) - I just wanted to add that Portage was our greatest support after diagnosis so check out that if you can. Also the National Autistic Society do good courses and have some great information.

Hope you find all the info you are looking for.

Thanks for the compliment. :D

Whilst I am here I thought it worth saying the NAS help course is very good.We did it a few weeks ago.The information was very helpful.However the most useful thing was meeting other parents.The help course is for parents of children who have receently obtained a diagnosis on the ASD spectrum.Karen.

Hello and Welcome :thumbs:

Emma