Sign in to follow this  
call me jaded

It's official

Ran a playscheme today in a local school. DS sat for the entire day in the wrong playground because there used to be a children's centre there with a climbing frame that he liked and maybe if he sat there long enough it would come back. I run back and foward checking on him all day. Found him sitting in the composter at one point but he was mostly just enjoying the sun and vocalising a lot. I was thinking what a good day it had been.

Late in the afternoon I see a woman in the playground talking to him. She was from the nursery next door. She'd called the police to report him abandoned. I said it would be a good idea to cancel the call rather than waste police time. She wouldn't. I sent one of my colleagues out to talk to her. Still no cancel, so I bring DS back to the hall. Two minutes later the police show and I let them know what's happened and that the woman was really keen she should talk to them. They declined and went on their way. He was back out there like a shot.

But it hasn't half taken the wind out of my sails.

Blimy, thats just ridiculous, what a interfering woman, perhaps her intentions at the start were good but then she should have let it go, chalk it up to experience and have a nice glass of something this evening! >:D<<'> Enid

I blame the hysteria around child protection. I've no idea why she didn't come and find us - we were making enough noise.

Edited by call me jaded

You found him sitting in the composter???

I take it you mean the compost bin? Isn't a 'composter' one of those things they feed Christmas trees into in early Jan to turn them into wood-chips? :lol:

West London's worst mother? I'm sure you underestimate yourself :whistle:

seriously, a less tuned in mum would have been pushing him in directions he didn't want to go in and ruining his day. Challenging the 'comfort zone' should be a big priority, but days off should be just that :)

L&P

BD :D

I've lost the plot :) One of these

I've been writing a bid all week for something that will challenge the socks off him and several like him. More news soon.

Edited by call me jaded

Alas, there will always be sticky-beakers and annoying twits who come along and rain on your parade (playsceme)!

I'm with the others, empathetic, tuned-in mum award for you!

Long may your sails billow, fully and proudly!!