Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Help!

My last shift at work is Sunday night, but hardly anyone works then so they are planning a surprise for me tonight. I am not supposed to know but I am not as stupid as they think I am. Unfortunately I am not as clever as I would like and I haven't worked out what it is, and so it remains a surprise. I really do NOT want a surprise. How do I get out of it?

No you don't. You grin and say 'How lovely' and tell them all they've been wonderful to work with and how much you're going to miss them.

That's all that's required.

hi tally

i dont like suprises as well, but like jade said you will proberly have to say thanks and try to keep it short, my workmate got me a stripper once and i totaly refused to have anything to do with it, my freind realy enjoyed it yuk, i felt so ungratfull but i am not into public shows. hopefully it will just be a nice present to say thankyou for all your hard work over the years for this company, i hope it all gos well for you and that includes the move.

take care and try not to stress to much about tonight.

theresa

A bit late for you but when I left my last job (a week ago),( because I worked night and never got to see the manager we communicated by letter :lol: ), in the weeks leading up to me leaving I asked her in one letter not to organise anything and that I would prefer to just fade into the background.

On my last shift there was a card left in my pigeonhole signed by all the staff and that was it. :)

Hope it's just a little party with a couple of speeches and a bunch of flowers, and not too horrendous.

>:D<<'>

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Nothing happened last night. I took in a cake and we ate that. So I have another day to worry about it. Hopefully it's just a card.

I would have liked for them to quietly give me a card. They were all whispering and stopped whenever I came along and gave me a job a long way away from where they wer. It happened lots of times. I thought they were talking about something they didn't want me to know about.

But in the end, no one said goodbye or wished me good luck, and I didn't even get a card. So you see why I wanted to leave, right?