Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Feel so alone

I have been more of a browser than a poster recently on the forum.

However, i need to be around people who know who i am coming from.

Had the day from hell with M today. He is now 9 yrs old (diagnosed with autism at 2.5 years old). His little sister was invited to a friends house today. Last time, i dropped her off and then picked her up later. My mother totally freaked about this and made me feel really guilty. So today i took M with me. To be honest, he wasn't too bad but it came to the point that i decided to take him away for a walk. I have known the family for a long time and feel happy to leave his sister at the dad's house.

So while i am rushing about and getting stressed out of my head. Discovered when i came home, hubby's driving lesson had been cancelled. He had been in the house since 3ish. Sitting watching the TV. Mind you he did tidy the living room up a bit. Don't know what he is expecting - a medal maybe for tidying up?

I just feel that i am cut in two. There are so many things that i can't do with my daughter when i am looking after M as well.

I am trying my best but i feel so alone and alienated. Though I have met some nice people and they know who they are................

:tearful:

I thought it was normal when a child is invited to someones house to leave them there and pick them up later ( at a pre arranged time). If you feel your daughter is in good hands at her friends house then I see nothing wrong with it. On the other hand if I didn't feel happy with leaving my child somewhere or with someone then she just didn't go. Go with your gut feeling.

How old is your daughter? Like you Mad Cat, if my daughter goes to a party I leave her there and come back to collect her later.

As for husbands, well isn't it traditional that husbands stay on the settee watching sport on Sundays? I took my daughter canoeing today and my husband was adamant that he wanted to come too and therefore the three of us went for a coffee at a Holiday Inn loundge. Within 5mn from being there, he was snoring (really) in front of his latte. WHY DO I BOTHER?

Thanks for your replies.

I am feeling alot better now and calmer.

She is 6 and loves to go to her friend's house.

Hubby has now gone into overdrive ie has done the dishes, ironing and is now giving the kids their baths. :rolleyes:

Well for my son's 14yr life myself and his mum have near no social life at all, 2 holidays in all that time (One was aborted after 38 hours), we can't go out as a family for a meal, or we'd have to leave him outside because he wouldn't go in, we cannot afford a baby-sitter either, we had 3 nights out in 14 years.... anything we do has to be done while he is at school...... SS Family support cos our own don't want to know, is 2 hours a fortnight, what can you do for two hours of a Saturday morning ? You are not alone, I have my partner and we are both dedicated to our son, we still feel guilty moaning we should have more time for each other... He is relatively happy in himself, that's our reward, but I'd love a night on the town for change or even a weekend away for me and Mum to do..... NOTHING at all... but not worry. But I expect we still would !

Edited by MelowMeldrew