hertsmummy

Please can someone help me. I don't know what to do. (sorry it's long!)

My post has been edited so that it really doesn't express what I wanted to say, so I've deleted it :wacko:

Bid

I shall bow out of this thread now, but I really hope you get the support you need, hertsmummy :)

Edited by bid

Post deleted because it no longer makes sense in the light of the above.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Hi,

This sounds very similar to my son who is now 7. My son in the last few months has turned the corner, and although he is still difficult, he is nowhere near as bad as he was. At one stage I was crying all of the time and thought .. well I had horrible thoughts to be honest.

Can you try keeping your daughter away from nursery for a while? I think that this could be causing a lot of problems, my son was bullied at playgroup, even at the tender age of three, it took a wonderful reception/Class 1 teacher in the school to spot was was happening, when they eventually all moved to school. As he has matured, very very gradually he is becoming better and better at understanding his own behaviour and how he should react to situations. Yes it is very easy to give in when you are stressed, and short of time etc, but I think you should very gradually try to hit little milestones - one at a time, ie if she does not get the right breakfast cereal, and you find the dish whizzing past your head, then perhaps think about how you will deal with it beforehand and then carry it out.

Maybe keep a diary of her behaviour and maybe what the triggers are. I agree with baddad up to a point in that you should keep very firm boundries, and be quite strict, this is something I did not do, but do now.

Food has an awful lot to do with behaviour - and excercise, does she like swimming or the seaside? This is going to be hard for you, but I do hope it gets better

CXX

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and in need of some help and advice.

My name is Karen and I have a 12 yr old and a a 3 yr old daughter. I have a 2 year old son and am due to give birth again next month.

Yesterday tea time she had a whopping great melt down and my parents saw the whole thing. They ended up taking her with them as they could see how much of a problem I have. I'm at breaking point with her. It's ripping my family apart. My dad said ' I need help with her or i'll end up in the psychy unit'. Her meltdowns are something they've nether seen before and they agree somethings not right.

It's like walking around on egg shells, not knowing when the next melt down will happen.

It's effecting my other children now and my youngest has started copying her.

Need to do something. Do I go back to my GP on monday morning or do I ring up the consultant we saw in Dec? If i do what do i say to make them listen to me without coming accross like a neurotic parent??

I really need some advice and support, we can't go on like it any more.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Karen x

I've just re-read your original post, Karen. You've expressed that you need help, advice and support. I think it's right that you should go back to your consultant, and push for another appt., but in my experience, until they actually diagnose, the appointments are all about fact-finding and evidence-gathering, which, whilst it may be helpful to you to 'get it off your chest', won't give you any practical help.

Have you heard about Home Start? They are a charity who offer a couple of hours a week for a volunteer (who have had children themselves!)to come and help you at home. They can play with the children while you take a nap, bath the baby, have a bath yourself!, or just sit and chat to you...offer you some emotional support/advice. They will support any family with a child under 5.

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.home-start.org.uk/

I would also have a word with your parents and try to enlist all the help you can...I have an arrangement with my mum whereby she picks G up from school one night a week, keeps him overnight and takes him to school in the morning. This is not without its problems (we don't always see eye-to eye on some things!), but most of the time, we're just blinking grateful for one night of peace!

Also, your local NAS may let you sign up to one of their courses. They are supposed to be for parents with children who have a dx, but my local group said they would put my name down for a course during assessment, since it's taking so long!