Sign in to follow this  
Goody

Physician, Neurologist, Psychiatrist

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned about myself to "Profile", I've been visiting physician once every two weeks and get minor tranquilizer and sleeping and stomach and bowels meds. The reason why is that Asperger isn't curable and I and my physician try to find how I spend a life with burden. Just I want to know what kind of doctor Aspie visits normally?

Goody,

:rolleyes:

Hi all,

Ooops, somebody help me on this? Please take a look at my profile.

It is tedious for me to read the long advice. I wanted to know the simple one.

Thanks,

Goody,

Edited by Goody

Hello Goody,

As I said in another answer to you, you need to be patient and wait for replies, especially when there are not many people around on the forum.

I do not have Asperger syndrome myself, but I think I can say that many people with AS manage to live happy and fulfilling lives without considering it a burden in itself, as long as other people accept them for who they are. However sometimes people who have AS can suffer from depression and anxiety as a result of difficulties they face, and these things need to be treated.

If you were in the UK I would suggest that you ask your doctor for a referral to a psychologist for therapy, but I don't know what the system is in your country. In the UK we also have a very useful national organisation which provides advice and information to people on the autistic spectrum. They often have local support groups. I am wondering if a similar organisation exists in Japan? If so, they would be able to give you more specific advice about the help available to you.

Of course you are very welcome on the forum, but please don't be too disappointed with us if we can't give you the answers you are looking for. :)

Kathryn

Hi

Aspergers isn't curable because it is a neurological disorder (to do with the functioning of the brain), so that's why people are often seen by a neurologist. Because it's a disorder that can affect mental health, that's why people often see a psychiatrist (someone who tries to make sense of how that person must be feeling). Lastly, a physician because of your stomach problems, even though that may be related to anxiety, etc. However, as Kathryn's said, people can lead fulfilling lives - they learn to live with it and get by very well. Try and be positive and look at your strengths and build on those. I note that you're from Tokyo, so it's difficult to know what the healthcare system is like (I'm guessing it may be different to the UK). Try and look for support groups/organisations. Ask your doctor too because I really think you could do with some local support.

Best wishes.

Caroline.

Hi,

noise and misc. psychological attack comes from intentional and my physician aware of that well, am not sure. my physical problems in associated with AS, PDD, Sometimes I fear with my doctor.

Goody,

Edited by Goody