NobbyNobbs

success at last!

i've finally got my official NHS diagnosis!

it took all of an hour and a half for them to say that i without a doubt have AS. they dont want to do any further testing because it wouldn't tell them anything they couldn't already see. its such a relief, i just want to go back to every doctor who said 'no, you can't possibly have that' and tell them how wrong they were.

apparently now i have to come up with a 5 year plan of what i want to do/achieve, and then they will help me to do those things.

so i think with a massive 3 months out of education in 17 years it looks like i'm heading back to start on the path towards a career

what a releif for you x

I am really, really pleased for you >:D<<'> >:D<

My dh and I can totally empathise with your feelings towards "some" doctors. I would like to take my own ds's ADOS scores (which were so high they were nearly off the scale) back to two lady psychiatrists who we saw a year ago when things were at their worst and say "now tell me that Asperger's is just a fashion amongst parents and that my son is just shy".

Anyway, good for you >:D<<'> again.

official diagnosis for AS are far few between though is getting better as years going on improving all time! im glad you found out u DID in fact have it the doc said you didn't have it eating his words right now i bet! he oviously didn't know AS AT ALL! did prove them wrong by the showing glaring facts in front of them congrats well done glad you're pleased and happy getting a diagnosis you feel free knowing it isn't 'just you' being weird stupid lazy naughty etc but something else there a medical condition!

apparently now i have to come up with a 5 year plan of what i want to do/achieve, and then they will help me to do those things.

so i think with a massive 3 months out of education in 17 years it looks like i'm heading back to start on the path towards a career

The only follow-up I got from my AS diagnosis ten years ago was one appointment, never mind a 5 year plan. I still haven't had much of a career.