Sign in to follow this  
adamsmum

diagnosis today

well kieran, adams eldest brother got diagnosed today ,

and its is pervasive developmental disorder and developmental coordination disorder

which appears to cover his autistic traits and his motor skills.

when ive calmed down and can concentrate i will be off googling this has taken 5 years and has happened due to social services pushing the issue.

Hi adamsmum -

Glad to hear (I know that sounds wrong, but you'll know what i mean) that you've got a dx at last. Take your time calming down before you leap back in with google etc...

DCD is (I think) 'newspeak' for dyspraxia, and there are many, many crossover features between the two conditions, particularly at the lower end of the dyspraxia 'scale'. Pdd's a bit more complicated, I think, so you'll have to look at various 'strands' of the diagnosis rather than the 'label' itself, IYKWIM.

Very best

BD :D

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> As Bid and Baddad say take your time and look after yourself.

My own son's official diagnosis is dated exactly one month ago and it's been a rollercoaster. Some days I'm great, the next I'll be back on here desperately trying to make sense of it all - this place has become my second home :whistle:

Take care,

Szxmum xxx

Thanks all. Im feeling a bit better now. I think its hurting more as iv already been throue it all with adam. We are taking things one day at a time.Kieran starts secondery school this yr so im hoping with the DX he will get all the help he needs to make it work :D