Kathryn

If I hear THRILLER one more time I will scream!

I'm not really surprised his body has given up on him after all the punishment he's given it. And I didn't care much for him and his lifestyle in recent years. But I kind of grew up with him - I'm nearly a contemporary of his and I'm old enough to remember the early days of the Jackson Five and watching them on TV. We had a singing teacher at junior school who taught us "Ben" which we thought was so cool - I remember writing out the words to it in my best handwriting, and learning them. And dancing to his songs at school discos. So although I can't say I'm particularly sorry about his passing, it feels weird - another link with my childhood has gone.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

i think it is very sad especially for his children and family, the level of fame he had its no surprise this has happened. I hope his family can grieve in peace without the media circus that seems to going on on our screens hounding them.

My Fave songs - Beat it, they dont really care about us, Earth Song

While I didn't particularly like the person he became later on, I did love his music as a child. The memories of dancing to his late 80s and early 90s music are happy ones from my childhood that I wish to hang on to. The only thing that makes me sad is that a piece of my childhood died there, more about the music than the man himself. I wish his family all the best and I hope things don't go too crazy re the custody of the children etc. He wasn't even that old really.

He seemed a very troubled person that maybe needed help/guidance, some of his music was fantastic and some not so, he was a great artist/ performer, feel sorry for his children.

I remember seeing the Thriller video for the first time and being amazed by it. Everything he did at the time was so innovative and his music still sounds incredibly modern. But boy what a mess this man was... I think it is a very sad story because at the end of the day he was a product. A few months ago there was a program on BBC4 about Quincy Jones who explained how Michael J was transformed from a shy young man into a super pop star. His looks were transformed, he was taught how to dance, how to speak.... completely manipulated.

Wish I could do the moon dance though!!

Hello,

I believe he should be allowed to Rest in Peace, and his children and family time and space to mourn his loss.

Like Princess Diana - this life destroyed them both. What life is it being famous - it is just a job but 24 four hours seven days a week someone is looking to make a buck to discredit you for anything and everything.

My mum was a big fan and was in a tv show dancing promoting one of his songs when she was a teen model and Boz Scaggs so she had lots of memories of the Off the Wall era. Rock with You we have a movie of her on television, a Australian program similar to 'Rage' her days of fame, are now priceless to us. She remembers a sweet warm Michael Jackson who was very shy, and possibly the resultant drugs was a cocoon to protect him.

The best songs we love are The River Jordan - will you be there? also in school and church we sang and did a play to 'Heal The World' our end of year six production also included his music, I'll be there, a very sad song and story - on salvation. My mum in her modelling days did lots of fashion parades in centre stage malls one in the QVB Sydney, MLC centre Sydney and Bondi and many others for Spring/Summer and they used a lot of Enigma and Michael Jackson for these - The Way you make me feel and Black or White, Don't Stop till you get enough, and of course Beach Boys songs.

Sorry have to rush, but yes, he will be missed in Australia he was very popular for his song and dance and will be hoping that his children are safe and looked after.

Mia

i think its sad hes died but i cannot grieve for someone i dont know,feel sorry for his family,my fave song of his is you are not alone but it was a remix version i liked,very talented man