Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Laydeez and gennelman, place your bets...

Our big music festival coming up next w/e so I pitched the little 'instant' two man tent we plan taking in the back garden today to get the creases out. I had intended letting Ben and his best mate have a camp out in the back garden at some point, but once it was up he was so keen to give it a go that he's asleep in it ON HIS OWN tonight :thumbs::thumbs:

I've just posted a small led light through the flap that should last until dawn, am leaving the back door unlocked and a small kitchen light on, and will be puttering off to bed myself in a few minutes.

I reckon he'll wake up and wake me up by about three at the latest, but am hoping he'll surprise me. Any advance on three? Whatever, I'm just really proud that he's giving it a go on his own and found the whole thing of him sitting out there with a torch and a few futurama comics and a sleeping bag absolutely amazing :tearful:

Today the back garden, tomorrow the world...

L&P

BD :D

Half one!

We have a winner! :lol: Almost on the nail. So at two o'clock I'm in the garden in my pants bringing in the sleeping bag and comics/torches etc in case it rained.

On the plus side, it wasn't because he was scared or anything like that, just the sleeping bag and groundsheet weren't as comfy as a bed.

He's got all sorts of activities lined up for summer hols and i'm waiting to hear about a couple of 'junior ranger' survival courses so he can go all Ray Mears. I think 1.30 was a 'good start' don't you? :thumbs:

L&P

oh bless him :wub: 1.30 is well good,is he tired tonight after his big adventure?

No, he was fine. No messing with that boy - when he's tired he sleeps, when he wakes up he's up! The first bit was a MAJOR problem at various points in his life (and still is if he wakes up in the middle of the night, but more for him these days, thank heavens!), but he's never been a kid I've needed to drag from his pit in the mornings...

Kathryn - he had the quilt from his bed as a 'mattress'... thinking about it, I should have blown up an airbed, but I'll keep that in mind for next time :lol:

L&P

No, he was fine. No messing with that boy - when he's tired he sleeps, when he wakes up he's up! The first bit was a MAJOR problem at various points in his life (and still is if he wakes up in the middle of the night, but more for him these days, thank heavens!), but he's never been a kid I've needed to drag from his pit in the mornings...

Kathryn - he had the quilt from his bed as a 'mattress'... thinking about it, I should have blown up an airbed, but I'll keep that in mind for next time :lol:

L&P

G and BB slept till 8.30 on Sunday morning on their airbeds! This despite the dawn chorus 'turned up to 11', which woke me at 4.30, then every cockrel in West Yorkshire trying to out-do each other for the next hour!!! :lol:

G and BB slept till 8.30 on Sunday morning on their airbeds! This despite the dawn chorus 'turned up to 11', which woke me at 4.30, then every cockrel in West Yorkshire trying to out-do each other for the next hour!!! :lol:

Coq au Vin for dinner, I take it. I don't think Ben has ever slept to eight thirty even in those bad old days when he didn't go to sleep until four am! :lol:

Dawn chorus - I'm one of those peeps who can be a bit overly cheerful in the mornings but where do birds get off?! Mental, the lot of 'em... :angry:

:D

Aww, hope it all goes well.

DS (full of fever) was sitting on our swing-seat at 3.30am on Friday in pants with a blanket over his head. The joke wore a little thin when he woke me at 4am, 5am and 6am to rearrange it.