chris54

"Careful"

Just wondering what it is that you say the most. It seems to me that every other word I say to my son is "Careful" as he proceeds to have the next mishap. :tearful::unsure:

It has become second nature for me, as I dare say it has for a lot of you, to see the hazard that others don't see and do my best to help son avoid them. Little thing like when eating out (in as well) moving the cup away from the edge of the table and out of KNOCK OVER range.

Edited by chris54

"Come ON!" is my catch phrase at the moment. Teen is driving me nuts at the mo, doing EVERYTHING in slow motion, keeping everyone waiting and continually hanging about, spending 30 mins (yes 30!!) in the loo, 20 mins putting on socks, etc. etc. I'm continually trying to chivvy him up with "COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON", and I'm turning into my mother!! :angry:

Chris, you could try alternating between "careful" and "steady" to add a bit of variety. :whistle: I think I might try "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!" for a little while, see if that has any affect. :wacko:

~ Mel ~

I think I probably say "No" a lot, also "right thats it I,ve had enough", i must also say "fors G*DS sake" too as Piers has started saying it although I am not aware of that one. I am also a fan of "move quicker we are late for school". All of these are counter productive and make them go even slower

I think it is 'I have had enough with this!'. :wallbash:

:wallbash: Ive got to go along with that one. Mine is probably "oh please do I really need to tell you to do everything one step at a time, go and dry your hands/get dressed/find your stuff wer'e going to be late!!" and we usually are.

Hi

We used to say "be careful" an awful lot to my eldest, and he would reply "be fairful"! :wub:

With (since Sunday) 2 teenagers in the house my latest phrase is "you're being unreasonable". :angry:

No doubt once college starts it will be "get up NOW or you'll miss the bus!!!!" :whistle:

I have though of another one but usually directed at Lydia "why do I always have to get cross before you do as i ask". to this she usually just shrugs her shoulders.

Mine would either be 'Come on' or 'You are doing my head in, now please listen'.

Did you hear me?

Are you listening?

DD is mostly in a world of her own and it takes a lot of effort to gain her attention.