smiley1590

got offered part time job! lol X

got offered part time job at nursery where volunteer by boss she called me into her office and asked me if interested as staff member off sick so could fill her gap - bank staff! i can't believe it my parents,colege tutor workers i hope my nan would be proud my auntie said she would have been happy for me my aunt is too! mum's going tell my other nan tommorrow my cousin gettin married tommorrow we think (my mum ,me,my nan etc) she has milder form of AS/dyspraxia and my aunt who giving her away has it too! at work i doing monday,tuesday wednesday next week 4-6pm getting paid around £6 a hour! i accepted offer my parents can't say "well done" congrats enough!

XKLX

That's fantastic Smiley, I'm so pleased for you. It's difficult for anyone to get a job these days, so well done you!! :thumbs::thumbs:

K x

Hi! New here, but wanted to say well done! Nice to see someone happy :thumbs:

had my first day 2dai went fine better than thought was lucky because the environment and children didn't change aprt from2 babies didn't know! but asked worker and she told me there names! 2 hours went quick!

glad to hear it went well

does anyone know if i can work full time on middle rate DLA or can just work part time up to 16 hours? i confused so many people telling me 'different things'!? X i glad i working up hours adjusting slowly to working environment etc help me in long term i think what others think and believe?XKX

DLA is not means tested. It is completely unaffected by your work. You can carry on claiming DLA and work as many hours as you like. I was working full time when I first started claiming.

You might be able to claim Working Tax Credits. You get more if you receive DLA.

i've been told by several professionals i CAN'T work more than 16 hours ....? so now puzzled? lost and confused? what should i do???

HELP ME! X

Check this out its the directgov website & it says you can claim and work - nothing at all about hours. I'm guessing they are getting confused with Carer's allowance. It also says that claiming DLA might increase any working tax credits you are entitled to. JP also gets this.

I was working full time when I started claiming DLA, and then dropped to 32 hours per week. I am now working 21 hours per week. DLA is not affected by work in any way at all.

Some people receiving INCAPACITY BENEFIT are allowed to do up to 16 hours work, and would lose their benefit if they worked more than 16 hours. I think these professionals are getting confused between the two benefits. The Citizen's Advice Bureau would be able to clear things up for you.