Sign in to follow this  
MOSEY

Statements - Scottish equivalent

Since joining the forum I have noticed many members referring to their children being 'statemented'. I wondered if this was the English equivelant of the Scottish Coordinated Support Plan?

This plan 'replaced' the 'Record of Needs' system, however it is more difficult to obtain than a record. You have to request a meeting to investigate whether or not your child is eligible and it has to be proven that one or more agencies in addition to education will sustain involvement with your child and will provide a service which will impact upon their schooling. My son has a CSP due to ongoing NHS Speech and Language Therapy input within the school.

Does anyone know if this is a similar system?

We also have IEPs, PSPs and ASPs, however tese do not carry the same weight as the CSP.

Thanks in anticipation of any reponses! Mo :)

It does sound like it to me. Ds first had an IEP in reception because he has speech therapy in school, he was put on School Action (Darts Group for social skills) then school action plus because he needed extra help and was being seen by various people. When he needed even more help they called in Autism Outreach who will probably always be there to advise teachers on his crazy ways throughout his schooling, that was when they realised (finally) that I wasn't neurotic and he needed the statement I'd asked then to apply for.

Someone else will answer in a much more inteligent way later :lol:

Edited by Sooze2

Hi Mosey,

Sorry, I don't have experience of the system in Scotland so can't answer intelligently! Does the CSP have legal force, as English statements do?

K x