Clare63

Hello again....

Its been ages since I have put a post on the forum, though occassionally I pop in to see how everyone is doing.

Feel a bit guilty because I relied heavily on this forum when times were tough and found enormous support and advice through dx, DLA, leaving mainstream, home ed'ing, statements and battles for special provision. But will try and visit more often and see if I can offer back support and advice to others.

Connor is doing brilliantly at his new school (well started last November) and I can't not express enough how worth it, it was to fight so hard for this provision. I felt I had lost my child for 2 years and now have him back and have a future to look forward too. He is turning into a lovley young man and I can't believe he will be starting Year 10 in September. The school is opening a 6th form in September too which we are hoping and planning for Connor to stay on for after Year 11.

We have had our up's and downs, and just when we thought things were starting to be rosy, my poor Mum has been diagnosed with lung cancer, we are all absolutley devastated. Connor has been my rock and has vowed that he "will" find a cure for cancer, a bit ironic really as when our GP signed him off mainstream school with a breakdown, the GP told me that we should take care of our ASD kids as they will be the ones who could possibly find a cure for cancer and other such diseases.

Just wanted to say Hi really and that hopefully I will be around more often.

I have missed you guys :)

Clare x x x

Hi Clare - it's good to 'see' you again :thumbs:

It's lovely to hear that Connor is doing so well - makes all the fighting worthwhile, doesn't it?

So sorry to hear abour your mum :(

Take care of yourself >:D<<'>

Good to see you! :)

And great to hear things are going well with Connor. Sorry to hear about your mum though.

K x

Claire!!! I was actually thinking about you yesterday and wondering how things were going - and then here you are!!!! We haven't had our coffee yet - any chance we could do it soon?

OJ and I have finished at lunchtime today and now have 8 lovely weeks of not getting up early!!!!

Speak to you soon

Stella x

hi clare

u r doin brilliantly bless yer xxx and connor is such a gr8 lad u shd b proud of wat u hav all acheived i know it hasnt been easy and hope i av been there wen u av needed me xxxxx

so sorry to hear about yr mum bless her xxxxx send her my love

u know where i am if u need me

love u loads and loads

love donna xxxxxxxxx

great to see you back x

Thank you everyone for your welcome and kind wishes.

Oh my goodness have I got some catching up to do....now where are my reading glasses lol

Clare x x x