Sign in to follow this  
Esty

Will working part-time for four months affect DLA for my son?

I have been claiming DLA for my son for a couple of months and get approx £200 per month. I also get Carer's Allowance as I've given up work as a teacher to be at home with him (he's a school refuser, long story).

I've just been offered four months part-time supply teaching, only about 1 or 2 days a week.

I know this will affect my Carer's Allowance - I'm wondering whether it's worth the extra money to stop and start my claim for this or whether in the long run I'll end up worse off.

I will have to get my Mum to look after my son on the days I'm in work, so it's not going to be easy. Does working affect DLA for my son, because there's no way I'm going through re-claiming for that as it's so hard to get in the first place!

Thanks for any advice.

Hi your working will not affect your sons DLA money. I do believe you can work a certain amount of hours per week if you are claiming carers allowance, there should be info on this on their DWP website.

:)

You can earn up to £95 a week (plus childcare costs I think?) before your carer's allowance is affected.

K x

Dla will be fine, it wont chage just get in touch with them to tell them your going to be staring part time job,