Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Carers Assessment?

Anyone know what a carers assessment involves? The OT/Social worker I have said that we have to have one. I'm a little worried about it :unsure:

Look up Carer's uk this might help.

Is it an 'assessment of need' if so go to direct.gov.uk and put 'Health and social care assessment' in the search box. The form the assessment takes will be dependant on the exact nature of you needs..

Edited by chris54

Just had one, social worker came round 2 days running to fill it in, just asked all the usual questions ie what difficulties you have, what you need help with, mental/physical health problems, etc. He filled in the form which in my opinion made it a lot easier as I am useless at filling in forms, certainly nothing to worry about, its basically just a report that they fill in and submit to the panel in charge of dishing out money and they award what ever they think is necessary (in our case I don't expect to get anything). If you are awarded anything your social worker/OT will then get back to you and tell you what help you can then get.

What I forgot to say was that I'm going to have a floating support worker for either 2 or 3 hrs a week (depends on the funding etc) :thumbs: Disappointed they don't actually float! :lol:

Edited by ScienceGeek