bid

Harry Potter!

Off to see The Half Blood Prince this evening as a great start to the summer hols (although I don't finish until Wed, grrr :( )

:clap::bounce::clap::bounce:

Been thinking what a phenomenon the whole HP thing has been...my kids, even the one who is 20 (today! :wub: ) will always remember the fact that their childhoods have been coloured by the excitement of the books and then the films coming out. Lovely memories to have, I think :D

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

I went yesterday :bounce: :bounce: I thought it was very good - far less 'dark' than last years film. You might just want to make sure you have enough hands to cover up your littlies eyes on multiple occasions. The main characters do a lot of, erm, 'growing up and teenage experimenting' :o :o in this film...

Oh, and NTs might want tissues for a certain scene towards the end (I won't spoil it in case people haven't read the book :() - even I nearly cried :tearful: and I didn't even cry at Titanic :lol:

I saw it at the IMAX in 3D - if anyone has the chance to see this, I'd highly recommend this (although not after a fish pie lunch... :sick:) :thumbs: :thumbs:

Am going to see it with Mum and Em tomorrow evening :thumbs: I can't wait! Re-read the book and watched all the other films again this week so am ready to go see it now. :lol:

Just put a warning in the title for others - like me - who don't want to join the discussion till they've seen the film. :)

Might have to wait till the end of the month - no money. :crying:

K x

Just put a warning in the title for others - like me - who don't want to join the discussion till they've seen the film. :)

:unsure: I think the book might have done that... You know, the big thick one, goes by the same name? :unsure::lol::wacko:

You mean there's a book as well?? :unsure:;):P

The film is never the same as the book: it will have different features to appreciate, and I want to form my own opinion about whether it's good or not, before reading/listening to what others have to say.

K x

You mean there's a book as well?? :unsure:;):P

I know, I was shocked when I found out :o:whistle:

Apparently there are books to match lots of films :o

The film is never the same as the book

Yeah, the film is in colour... :whistle:

Havent been yet but its on our list of things to do in the hols. I am also waiting until my NT son7 has finished reading the book(takes a while bless!) I remember being disappointed after watching The prisoner of Azkaban. The movie messed about with the story line & wasnt half as gripping as the book(I read the kids version too!) Still I guess they cant include everything in an adaptation. Still looking forward to going tho.

We went to see it this evening. I rather enjoyed it, but now I really really want to see the next one now! :lol: It will be interesting to see what they do with the funeral in the next film, seeing as it was such a big deal in the book I imagine it will be in the film. I can understand why they are doing 2 films from the last book as there was so much in it and they couldn't possibly cut all that much out without ruining the storyline really. I need to read the last book again now I think.

i'm looking forward to the last ones too, but a little concerned the last one will be a Matrix 2 style special effects binge, as presumably it'll be dominated by what happens at the castle. i started reading HPHBP, but i'm only two chapters in and i already want to jump to the deathly hallows, must resist!

We saw it last night. Mr p got treated like a perv by the staff when he asked for the "over 18s" showing - he meant the one where children aren't allowed, not some "adult" version of the film in which you are left in no doubt about Dumbledore's sexuality :whistle: - unfortunately it was Vue offering "over 18" showings, not Odeon! :lol:

Thought it was hard for them to keep the pace up with so much plot to explain, but the effects were spectacular as usual, & having a goldfish brain where plots are concerned I'd actually forgotten this was the one where Dumbledore gets squidged, so it was a bit of a surprise for me :whistle:

I'll have to re-read the book now - its a rule I have.

Saw it this evening and enjoyed it, although they did change bits and leave a lot out inevitably. I thought they could have cut the teenage angst slightly in favour of more action scenes - especially towards the end.

But there was lots of Alan Rickman and his wonderful voice. Which was nice. :):wub:

K x