call me jaded

The Seven Week Holiday countdown

We've started! Pouring with rain and the next seven weeks to fill...

Cream crackered getting to the end of term I've told my children I'm going to bed at 8.30pm.

I sympathise. I don't particularly like this time of year, to be honest. The hols are too long! We can't afford to go on holiday as we're going away in October. I like going into London but even a day trip is expensive. Lets pray for sunshine - then at least we can be outdoors!

K x

I love any time when the kids are not at school.

As the end of school is so difficult due to his sensory issues. I can relax without worrying about the phone ringing. And also it means he can sleep in as he gets so tired at the end of each half term and term. It also means I am not up half the night.

We save up our tesco vouchers and use them up during the six weeks holidays, so it costs us less and we also take packed lunches when we go out (Unless we are near jacket potatoes)

The first few weeks are alright but by the time September comes cant wait to get him back to school to have a rest.

As for going away, I always need a holiday to get over the holiday.

I'm with you all! A total relief that school is out & the fear of being called in gone! seven weeks to entertain with no ME time....mmm! Tesco vouchers are our saving grace too. We did all sorts last summer & it really keeps the cost down. We are fortunate to be going away for 2 weeks right at the end. Ive told my two that we are having a huge toy clear out-that will keep us busy for days!! DS(n.t) says we can sell them all on E bay! What do they teach them at school?Recon I'll be on here a fair bit,just to keep my sanity in tact!!

HAPPY HOLS EVERYONE!!!

If that wimbledon sunshine comes back, six heavenly weeks... if today's weather was a warning shot across the bows then six hellish weeks of pent up boredom and frustration...

Please mr sunshine... pretty please... :pray:

:D

i think by i get back to college i will have had about 8-9 weeks off boring!!!!! even worse when you cannot see what you can and not do, dont like new things often, when i have to go by myself, i love to read, dont have any friends so my days can be realy boring and a lot of it by myself,

It is not so much the summer holidays, but the return to school in September that I am dreading....

It was horrendous last year, tears, tantrums, toileting regression....just awful. Poor DD! She was so upset by having a different classroom and different teacher. :crying:

I have booked DD on some mainstream activities during the summer holidays, have well briefed the play leaders about her so fingers crossed and hope for the best!

I have mixed fealings about the holidays................its great because my son can sleep in and i dont have to be rushing him to get up mand ready for the school bus which comes at 7 45 every day which means hes less agiataed and angry but at the same time were skint and everything costs so much im hopeing the weather picks up because walking costs nothing.

Some of us don't finish until Wed! :crying:

So far: Harry P on Fri evening to start the hols with a bang for the three still at school and DH who finished on Fri too...

Off to Zomerzet at the end of the month, but garden sheds to demolish and kitchen roofs to repair in the mean time!

Best bit of the hols, apart from no school run after night shifts...DH is taking the three youngest to Liverpool for a week and I get to stay here ON MY OWN!! :wub::clap::bounce: Haven't decided what I'm gong to do yet, but no decorating that's for sure! Have the offer of one drinking session so far with one of my esteemed colleagues :drunk: and may go to an open-air Midsummer Night's Dream...

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Partay! at bid's :thumbs:.

Anyone know where she lives?

We're going to watch Grease at an open-air cinema (local stately home) on Wed. That's the one day we need good weather. The toy dept at Horrid's tomorrow, post birthdays so it's their money they're spending, not mine. :thumbs:

DS in school until Friday, so we're doing as many non-ASD bits as we can. Looking forward to Total Autism week when the rest of them go off to visit t'other Grandma (the one that kisses you a hundred times).

things are looking up - weekly toddlers only session at the 'local' (only an hour away) soft play :notworthy: we thought we wouldn't be able to go in the hols because it would be too busy and big kids being too rough but they have an under 5s only morning each week. plus tesco vouchers reducing our entrance fees at at the local zoo/playpark/softplay place from £60 to £15... and we won free entrance to an open air museum last year in the church raffle, and have just discovered they do kids activity days!

Partay! at bid's :thumbs:.

Anyone know where she lives?

Did someone mention a partay??!!

:band:

:drunk:

:partytime:

You're making the cakies, Jaded! ;)

Bid :dance:

Yes, its at yours, we`re all coming, :thumbs: So far we are still having a great holiday, when I think back to this time last year :crying::crying: We spent most of the time in with the doors locked, what a dfference a year makes, also my 20 year old has moved out, so no more great loads of hulking gurt lads hanging aroung the house, so things are MUCH MUCH better in our household. :thumbs: long may it last. Enid

We'll have to resurrect the old forum custom of online partays!

Pick a date laydees, and get your glad rags sorted! No-one's allowed 'in' unless they are 'wearing' something sparklie, picture links optional! :P

Boho :bounce:

How daft is this? I had one week 'missing' in my mental calendar and hadn't worked out where the seventh week was hiding. Not looking too far ahead I thought we had a week sometime after Total Autism Week that I hadn't planned anything for and was going to look around for something we could all do.

Opening my son's book bag this morning I found an invite to school end of term party next week. Somehow in this mad month I thought this Friday was 31 July. What a result! An extra week of school for DS whilst the rest of us continue to do all the things he finds so hard.

Today we went to TK Maxx to buy me an evening wedding party outfit (for Saturday), and when we got back in return for doing an e-bay listing DS2 has cleaned the bathroom and DD2 has tidied my desk. DD1 sat doing some embroidery :photo: In the meantime I sat in the garden and did the next module of my home study course which I didn't think was going to happen at all during the break.

"You have to be quiet because Mum's doing her homework"

"Is this so she can get a job?"

"Yes."