Sign in to follow this  
Paula

Im sick of school holidays

:wallbash::wallbash:

Im fed up with it all already............son broke up last wednesday and int going back till the 4th of september.Already i feal like screaming.He wont get dressed,he wont put on deaodrant,hes hooked up to the xbox virtually all day and when i say enough he proceeds to flick between channels.

Im going to force him out the house today whether he likes it or not............

Ill probably live to regret it.

:wallbash::wallbash:

Im fed up with it all already............son broke up last wednesday and int going back till the 4th of september.Already i feal like screaming.He wont get dressed,he wont put on deaodrant,hes hooked up to the xbox virtually all day and when i say enough he proceeds to flick between channels.

Im going to force him out the house today whether he likes it or not............

Ill probably live to regret it.

Chance would be a fine thing lol....unfortuately the weather is pretty dire here at present so the great outdoors is not really an option. Not that I want to put a damper on anything, but the swine flu thing suggests extending the school holiday a further FOUR WEEKS (Where are the tranquilisers....) I wish we could be content to sit in front of a TV and xbox for 24/7 and be happy ! Mine just plays the SAME game all the time and the same LEVEL too, and has done for 8 months.... We decided to paint the living room and kitchen, and he went ballistic, demanding to know why we have to change things... WHY do you want to change the colour (Erm it has been the same for 2 years Mum wants it changed), WHY does she want it changed (I explained again), but WHY does she not want the same colour we had before, (explained again), WHY does she want to change things at all ? that went on for 2 hours, and started up again the day after... He went awkward because we had to move some kitchen stuff into the living room for a while, that is not supposed to go there, take it away etc... that went on for a few hours as well :wallbash:

Edited by MelowMeldrew

We got the red ring of death 3 days into the holidays. AAArrrrgggggg as she runs off into the distance.

Sorry to be dim - but what does that mean?

Yes, I'm really struggling as well. I just sat and cried this morning, I couldn't face the day, couldn't summon up the energy to have a wash, everything seems too much. My lad just has no motivation to do anything. He doesn't want to go anywhere but doesn't know what to do with himself either. I feel such a massive weight of responsibility on my shoulders to find things for him to do and make sure he isn't bored and entertain him and I've just run out of go completely. I'm at a loss to know what to do with him, what to suggest, so he just sits in his room and I sit in mine and I feel an awful pressure on me, hours stretching ahead of us. I feel like I'm failing him, but I just can't do it anymore, I can't make his life for him anymore. :crying:

~ Mel ~

Sorry to be dim - but what does that mean?

It's a known problem with the xbox 360, 3 of the red lights come on flash,it looks like like a flashing red ring, and then you have to send it to microsoft (Germany) to get it fixed. Its normally caused by playing for long periods of time but ours isn't used that much, and I have always set time limits on how long they are allowed to play so it shouldn't have happened.

No1 son's playstation is also broken and hubby has the PS3 away with him( he works away from home and won't be back til the end of the holidays.

Yes, I'm really struggling as well. I just sat and cried this morning, I couldn't face the day, couldn't summon up the energy to have a wash, everything seems too much. My lad just has no motivation to do anything. He doesn't want to go anywhere but doesn't know what to do with himself either. I feel such a massive weight of responsibility on my shoulders to find things for him to do and make sure he isn't bored and entertain him and I've just run out of go completely. I'm at a loss to know what to do with him, what to suggest, so he just sits in his room and I sit in mine and I feel an awful pressure on me, hours stretching ahead of us. I feel like I'm failing him, but I just can't do it anymore, I can't make his life for him anymore. :crying:

~ Mel ~

Hugs >:D<<'> I know how you feel, I sit in my room a lot crying too.

It's a known problem with the xbox 360, 3 of the red lights come on flash,it looks like like a flashing red ring, and then you have to send it to microsoft (Germany) to get it fixed. Its normally caused by playing for long periods of time but ours isn't used that much, and I have always set time limits on how long they are allowed to play so it shouldn't have happened.

No1 son's playstation is also broken and hubby has the PS3 away with him( he works away from home and won't be back til the end of the holidays.

Thank goodness - I thought it was a swine flu symptom!

Spare a thought for us

We got the red ring of death 3 days into the holidays. AAArrrrgggggg as she runs off into the distance.

hi mcl

ds got it yesterday e74 code just about to send back to microsoft he was sobbing and insisted on getting a new one but that is not going to happen the one we have is only 14 mths old and has had limited use sobs all round lol theresa x

also i have enrolled him at play school for 2 days a wk he has only been off since friday and is climbing the walls already it was his 1st day today and he loved it i soppose it gives him the structure of school which he realy misses x

Edited by tjw

~ Mel ~

Oh Mel :(>:D<<'>

Bid >:D<<'>

Thank goodness - I thought it was a swine flu symptom!

I thought it was a non-literal reference to swine flu. :oops:

The papers today were speculating on whether the government will keep the schools closed for an extra four weeks at the end of the summer holidays in order to beat the swine flu. I suspect many parents will march on Downing Street if that is the case!

i'm all for shortening the summer holidays (and was when i was in school as well!), so to suggest adding another month on the end... urrrgh. we're doing okay so far, have discovered that little 'un is actually better behaved without the influence of nursery :huh:

As I understand it, it is an internal cooling fan that is the issue ? Our xbox packed up and there was no local way of getting it repaired at all. It's upstairs gathering dust, and he is demanding I buy a new one ! He has a Wii/PS2/gamecube et al but no game lasts longer than 2.6 minutes that's his attention span... It is totally a mystery what on earth anyone can get out of that as a means of passing time, learning anything, or maintaining interest, there is little or no attention span..... With no ability to be motivated on his own, the daily grind is to try and find something/anything that will grab his interest, after 14 years I have run out of most options. Even outside support where it exists is nothing more than a baby sitting service for an hour or so every other weekend. I am not seeing the point in that. 2 hours to worry what can I amuse him with when he comes back ? If we provide all the motivations then no onus is on them to do anything is it ? if we leave them to their own devices nothing at all happens. That's the killer, the feeling we cannot win or progress no matter what we do, if there was an iota of advance no matter how small It's worth it, but finding it.... I'd consider his entire 14 years care worthwhile if he just offered to go down the shop and but his own sweets. That would be a breakthrough on par with discovering the splitting of the atom...

I like school hilidays, and if im honest i would never send them back if i could get away with it. The children never want to be at school but they are concerned about not knowing when they go back, they have a sticker on the day they are ment to return to school. They cannot handle any uncirtanty as to when they return.

Im lucky i guess, but i dont always feel that way, i can get my almost 14 year old out the house if we are going swimming, only prob is that is ALL he wants to do. Completly obsessed with improving his swimming. Amazing really 18 months ago he hated the pool, now he only lives for swimming. We will be there at 5.45am in the morning for yet another lesson. He has a 2 week break in the holidays with no lessons i think he will fully retreat into himself to try to manage those two weeks and i am going to have to be very patient with him durring that time. I will proberly need a good drink to get me through, wish me luck.

All the older children are going on a summer camp have you heard of do it for real, they will take children with special needs and are very supportive of there needs. I will be staying a 5 min drive distance from the camp while they are there. Hopefully i will be able to give my youngest child some quality time just for her.

Anyway good luck everyone and have fun with your children. xxx

I have very mixed feelings at the moment. Have no money and the weathers rubbish to say the least so going out not much good. I hate leaving them sat in front of dvds or games consoles so have been dragging them out anyway. Found the HAMA beads yesterday and got them out, quickly regretted it as they are just scattered everywhere. Likewise paints now have 2 blue children and a ruined t-shirt. DS1 is at his nannas for a few days so he is happy. So far Piers and Lydia are enjoying being off school, Piers hates it as he gets picked on for being so immature and getting things wrong all the time, Lydia is worried about going into year 1 without Piers so they are both dreading going back. DS1 hates school as well. It won,t be long though before they are all bored. We are off to Wales on the 1st for 16 nights so should break it up nicely. Don,t even have money for :wine: . Hope we all get through it >:D<<'>

I have very mixed feelings at the moment. Have no money and the weathers rubbish to say the least so going out not much good. I hate leaving them sat in front of dvds or games consoles so have been dragging them out anyway. Found the HAMA beads yesterday and got them out, quickly regretted it as they are just scattered everywhere. Likewise paints now have 2 blue children and a ruined t-shirt. DS1 is at his nannas for a few days so he is happy. So far Piers and Lydia are enjoying being off school, Piers hates it as he gets picked on for being so immature and getting things wrong all the time, Lydia is worried about going into year 1 without Piers so they are both dreading going back. DS1 hates school as well. It won,t be long though before they are all bored. We are off to Wales on the 1st for 16 nights so should break it up nicely. Don,t even have money for :wine: . Hope we all get through it >:D<<'>

If you pass through my part of South Wales, I'll buy you a beer :thumbs:

Sorry, one of the few who absolutely love the holidays :unsure:

Hope everyone is coping and having as good a time as possible >:D<<'>

Bid :)

The dreaded Xbox red ring of death :wallbash::wallbash:

We had that once had to send the thing of to germany.............i actually thought life couldnt get any worse but three weeks the machene was away spirelled into a pit of doom............it was like christmas with bells on and all youre birthdays at once when it returned and we got our son hooked back up to it againe.............God bless Xbox......... :whistle::whistle:

My son is getting dressed now things are improveing................but this means he wants to go places with me ........and he drives me nutts.You cant win.

Edited by Paula

After the summer I had with a 10 year old at his most challenging and angry, a super-intelligent 5 year old who couldn't be left for 2 seconds without causing havoc, a 3 year old still in nappies and a 10month old baby (just walking) when getting through the next hour was a challenge, every summer has got progressively better.

I have learned the patience of a saint which combined with a new ability to ignore the things I find most irritating and a dramatic lowering of standards of hygeine and tidiness, we're positively happy. The only thing that has changed is me :)

We are off to North wales Beddgelert to be exact or I would be calling in for that beer, thanks for the offer.