Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

Big change for me.......end of an era

Hi All.

I thought I would invite anyone having a drink tonight to toast the end of an era with me. :P:wine:

At lunch time today I will no longer have children in primary school. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

My lads have both only ever attended one primary school.

After nine years it is a big change.

:D

I will not be out on the town as none of my friends in real life wish to come within several feet of me......I am recovering from swine flu. :P Karen.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Oh Karen, I understand the primary school thing completely, my 11yr old broke up last Friday for the last time, he at high school in Sept.

I wasnt prepared for how upset I was going to be, I was crying on and off all day and was an emotional wreck when I picked him up, I couldnt understand why all of the other parents were just acting like normal, some of them didnt even come down to the classroom.

I know what you mean about the end of an era, even though I havnt always been happy with how the school have dealt with things I still feel very sad that he has finished there. Also his YR 6 teacher was fantastic and has been a wonderful advocate for D through the Stat Assess, she has put alot of things in writing for me that I know will help with his appeal. I think that most of the reason I felt so sad was that I knew me and D were losing her and we are on our own now. :crying::crying:

I have a 2 yr old so could end up back there again but it doesnt make it any less upsetting at the time.

If its any consolation I feel alot better now, but Friday was a very emotional day so I do feel for you.

I hope you are recovering well from the Swine Flu also, I think times like this call for copious amounts of lager and Cookie Dough Ice Cream xx

Edited by daniels-mum

Awwww Karen sorry to hear you been poorly :(

End of era...remember that era well....have a good drink Hunny and mines a red wine ;)

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Karen,

:wine:>:D<<'>

We went through the same last year - it seems ages ago now but it felt really weird at the time.

K x