Sign in to follow this  
bid

London Mini-Meet

I've renounced all my jewellery and become a nun - sorry. :unsure:

Now it's just going to be confusing. I was going to come in my penguin costume. Now I'll have to find something else to wear.

*checks cupboard*

OK, the only clean clothes are my dragon costume, my gorilla suit and my tessellating trousers. Any idea what the weather is going to be like tomorrow? :unsure:

The dragon costume, definitely, Mumble. With the udder sox. :):P

Dragon suit doesn't fit. :( I must have but on some height and weight since I was 4... :unsure: I'm going in my neuro-typical disguise instead. See if you can spot me :lol:

I'm wibbling :tearful: a bit this morning (very technical term) at the unknowns of today then getting cross at myself for being stupid. I'm guessing everyone else has already left as I live closest? I think I'll head off now and let the crowds build up so I can acclimatise (should still be quiet at the moment).

Still here Mumble. Leaving at about 10.30. I'm wearing bright pink trainers so should be easy to spot. :)

Hope you overcome your wibbles. I.m sure others will be feeling wibbly too but- shut your eyes and think of pizza!

K x

Still here Mumble. Leaving at about 10.30. I'm wearing bright pink trainers so should be easy to spot. :)

Are you suggesting I adopt the typical autistic pose of looking at people's shoes?! :devil::lol:

(although I did originally read that as 'pink trousers' and was planning how not to be associated with you! :lol:) I'm wearing brown shoes (if I remember to take my slippers off) - I won't be easy to spot :ph34r:

I'm home!

Lovely to meet you all - Pizza Express was just right. Cooling down nicely with a cold drink now, having already hung my hand-blown-by-the-artisan (yeh, right) glass bauble on our swing seat. Hope all your purchases got back in one piece!

Let's not leave it too long to do it again!

I'm home too and completely exhausted - I could easily go to sleep now.

I had a really really lovely time. It was wonderful to do something 'normal' and to feel accepted by others - thank you everyone for doing this - it's exactly the sort of thing I need. I know I wasn't very chatty at all and I hope none of you thought I was rude because of this. I just found it incredibly difficult (not because of anything any of you did - I just find social chatting difficult and was finding it difficult to follow conversations because I couldn't see the people say either side of me so was only getting part of what was said) and I was very tired even before today.

A really enjoyable day and it's given me a 'lift' - I'm just really hoping I didn't come across as uninterested or anything. Thank you everyone for just accepting me as I am and for letting me get excited by the froggy products in the market/shops (although I shall hold you all responsible when I have to explain to the uni that no, I can't afford my fees, but look, I have a lovely one off frog Thermos flask!!!! :lol::rolleyes:)

Thanks again everyone >:D<<'> We should definitely have a mini-meet again, it was a nice group size.

One very happy but very very tired Mumble. :)

Mumble, you were lovely. I'd be very happy to get to know you (and everyone else) a little better. I'd blame bid for the 'overspend' - so much easier than having to take responsibiity for oneself ;) It was charming... hope you enjoy. For once I didn't spend a fortune on my children. Don't know what happened there, lol.

For those of you who were discussing things your cats had brought home (see, I did listen :lol:)

is really funny (although no socks!!). :lol: :lol:

Socks for Bid :) - unfortunately it's an American site and I can't find a UK one at all - I really can't remember where mine came from but it would have been either a high street store (maybe sock shop?) or a place like Covent Garden Market.

Phew...just back!

Well, what a really fabby day...thank you so much everyone!! >:D<<'>

Lovely to meet Mumble and Tally properly this time, and lovely to meet Jaded and Dana for the first time :D Mind you, that Kathryn... ;):lol:

Edited highlights include my getting one extremely dangley and sparklie ear-ring tangled up in a scarf while I was demonstrating to Mumble how to wear it in a clinically well-dressed manner! :P Thank you Mumble for rescuing me!

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and Mumble I thought you were absolutely fine :thumbs: Thank you to everyone from me for getting us sat down when I'd reached sensory saturation point...don't know how we then managed to chat for a good couple of hours in that cafe on the strength of one cold drink each! :lol:

Thanks again everyone for a lovely day :D

Edited by bid

I had a really nice day and it was nice to meet you all :)

My cats were dying to get outside when I got home, but they just lay on the floor when I did let them out :rolleyes:

I am exhausted now!

It was relly nice to meet you all! :thumbs: Thank you very much for a lovely time! >:D<I really enjoyed it!

I hope we shall meet again soon and get to know each other more.

Mumble, you were just fine. You didn't have to be chatty in order us to enjoy your company which, I am sure, we all did. Looking forward to meeting you and everybody else again! :)

Danaxxx

Aww thanks everyone >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Not talking much in social gatherings means people often think I'm just not interested (which isn't true) and friendships just fail. I would love to do this more often.

Now, Bid, everyone has posted apart from Kathryn - what did you do to her on the journey home? :P:devil::ph34r:

:george:

Now, Bid, everyone has posted apart from Kathryn - what did you do to her on the journey home? :P:devil::ph34r:

:george:

The wabbit got her...

:robbie:

Mwahahahahah :devil:

Edited by bid

I'm here - finally managed to subdue the wabbit. :D:P

Hope everyone had an OK journey home. Great day - great company, great food, great weather - thanks everyone, it's helped me to overcome my sulks about not going to the Fringe this year. So glad you came, Mumble, and hope you enjoy your frog flask. I forgot to ask you exactly where the South African shop was - maybe next time.

We'll have to do it again - several times - in order to make use of the Pizza Express card. :)

K x

It sounds like you all had a really good time.

Is this the first time every one has just met up or have you met before ?

I would love to meet you all on the next meet - up.

see ya,

It sounds like you all had a really good time.

Is this the first time every one has just met up or have you met before ?

I would love to meet you all on the next meet - up.

see ya,

Kathryn and I met on the forum and it turned out we live near each other, so we know each other well now. I met Mumble and Tally a couple of years ago at a big Forum Meet, but didn't really get a chance to talk to them properly, and I met Jaded and Dana for the first time today.

We thought it might be nice to do another mini-meet when the shops are all Christmassy :clap:

Bid :D

Edited by bid

Hi Jannih,

Some of us have met up before occasionally - some were there for the first time. We haven't met often - once a year seems to be about average, but a Christmassy one sounds like a good idea. :thumbs:

Mumble - just watched the Alan Davies sketch - very good. :lol:

K x

Yeah, a Christmassy meet sounds good :thumbs: There are some good Christmas markets (like the German ones) in London.

I like my froggy flask a lot - I have it out so I can keep looking at it :D:clap: :clap: I've also got my froggy pencil holder which is great although I'll have to make sure his metal feet don't scratch my desk. :shame:

I'm not feeling so well today - doc thinks I've worn myself out and possibly picked up some bug (not piggy flu!! :lol:) due to my crappy immune system, as I don't usually have so much contact with people or go into town when it's busy. I'm having a quiet day today.

If youput your pencil holder on some blu-tac, that should not only hold him still, but raise him a little off the desk and stop his feet scratching it.

Tally's suggestion is very practical but I was going to suggest that you knit your frog some little socks. :D

Hope you've had a relaxing day and you're recovering from whatever it is. Hope it doesn't put you off meeting up again. :)

K x

Tally's suggestion is very practical but I was going to suggest that you knit your frog some little socks. :D

Hmmm - erm, well lots of my froggies have little knitted hats as I thought they would get cold when it was snowy and one even has a whole jumper!! I don't think I have any small enough knitting needles for socks though. However, if I shrink an old pair of kiddies woolly gloves, the fingers might work as socks... :wacko:

Hope you've had a relaxing day and you're recovering from whatever it is. Hope it doesn't put you off meeting up again. :)

I'm OK, thanks. The residence people tend to panic because I go from well to ill quite quickly and the doc worries when I can't keep my regular meds down. :unsure::sick: It hasn't put me off meeting up - Christmas themed froggies to add to my collection next meet-up! :lol: :lol:

Well well well.I leave London for hols and you crew all have a rave in my abscence.I thought something had gone on while I was away. :whistle::devil::lol: Karen.

Well well well.I leave London for hols and you crew all have a rave in my abscence.I thought something had gone on while I was away. :whistle::devil::lol: Karen.

Sorry. :ph34r: We tidied up as best we could and re-stocked your drinks cabinet (and boy did you have some interesting stuff in there :o:wine::pepsi::drunk: :drunk:) We hoped you wouldn't notice. At least we didn't advertise it on Facebook. :devil::whistle:

:lol:

Sorry Karen, we didn't wait till you were out of town before we planned it - honest!

See you next time, maybe. :)

K x

I forgot to ask you exactly where the South African shop was - maybe next time.

I've been to that shop ... except for New Zealand purposes with my family, including my soon-to-be-sister-in-law, who's a Kiwi. The address (if it's any help) is on their web site: http://www.angloaustraliantrading.com/aatc...ompanyInfo.aspx Don't be confused by the fact it quadruples as an "Australia/New Zealand/South Africa/Canada Shop"! Maybe that's why you didn't know where it was, coz it says "Australia Shop" on the front, not "South Africa Shop", but it actually stocks stuff from all 4 countries. :)

James

I've been to that shop ... except for New Zealand purposes with my family, including my soon-to-be-sister-in-law, who's a Kiwi. The address (if it's any help) is on their web site: http://www.angloaustraliantrading.com/aatc...ompanyInfo.aspx Don't be confused by the fact it quadruples as an "Australia/New Zealand/South Africa/Canada Shop"! Maybe that's why you didn't know where it was, coz it says "Australia Shop" on the front, not "South Africa Shop", but it actually stocks stuff from all 4 countries. :)

James

I don't believe it--no Peter Jackson films in the New Zealand shop! :o

That's the one :D It's quite a small shop and not that easy to find, but well packed with all sorts of goodies :eat::eat1:

Thanks. :)

I think I've walked past it before but never been in. No doubt there are all kinds of things which remind me of my previous life! I'll have to check out the quality of their biltong. :)

K x

Kathryn and I met on the forum and it turned out we live near each other, so we know each other well now. I met Mumble and Tally a couple of years ago at a big Forum Meet, but didn't really get a chance to talk to them properly, and I met Jaded and Dana for the first time today.

We thought it might be nice to do another mini-meet when the shops are all Christmassy :clap:

Bid :D

oh and you met me and you have forgotten to mention that!!!!!!!! :shame: im going to the christmassy meet defo :shame: be afraid!!

oh and you met me and you have forgotten to mention that!!!!!!!! :shame: im going to the christmassy meet defo :shame: be afraid!!

Well, you will keep disappearing!! :P:lol:

Seriously, it would be lovely to see you at the Christmassy Meet! :D

Bid >:D<<'>

thanks bid,i will be there :clap::clap: ive sort of got over my facebook addiction so will be on here more now :dance::dance:

So you have got over your face book addiction but still think the crew here are worth your attention......I think you need help. :devil::lol:

Yours another sorry addict attempting to manage her ASD forum addiction. :o

thanks bid,i will be there :clap::clap: ive sort of got over my facebook addiction so will be on here more now :dance::dance:

So you're only here because you're bored with Facebook eh? :D Huh. Charming. :P;)

Look forward to seeing you at the next meet - hope you like pizza! :)

K x