Sign in to follow this  
bid

London Mini-Meet

I'm home alone for the second week of Aug, from 10th...(otherwise engaged 14th and 15th).

Does anyone fancy a London Mini-Meet??

I blame Jaded as she suggested a partay at my place, which got me thinking!

We could either 'do' Greenwich again, or we could try lunch and a mooch round Covent Garden :)

Boho :dance:

Does anyone fancy a London Mini-Meet??

I don't own a Mini so I guess I'm not invited... :tearful:

:lol::P

Edited by Mumble

I could probably meet on the Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday. Anywhere in London would be fine really, since I am now living near Epsom and it is quite easy! I have never been to Covent Garden so it would be interesting to go there.

In ten years I have only ever met up with one person off t'internet. (They were lovely.) I'm ready for the next step.

That week is total autism week here. I can get a sitter and Covent Garden would help make the most of my free time.

:thumbs:

In ten years I have only ever met up with one person off t'internet. (They were lovely.) I'm ready for the next step.

That week is total autism week here. I can get a sitter and Covent Garden would help make the most of my free time.

:thumbs:

Woop woop!!

Go Jaded, go Jaded!

Bid :D

Tentatively suggesting Sat 8th, Sun 9th Aug or Sun 16th...lunch and Covent Garden?

Bid :)

Edited by bid

(They were lovely.) I'm ready for the next step.

A not lovely person? :unsure: If so, I'm available. :wacko::ph34r:

Tentatively suggesting Sat 8th, Sun 9th Aug or Sun 16th...lunch and Covent Garden?

Well I would have to shift around multiple engagements in my crammed social life but I should be able to make those dates. Covent Garden would be great, I love it, :eat::gather: anyone who hasn't been there just needs to be aware that it can be very sensory overloading :gather::band::gather::dance::gather:, especially on a weekend in the middle of the holidays.

OK...

Sunday 16th Aug, Covent Garden.

Bid

Mumble

Jaded

Kathryn

Tally

Anymore??

Bid :bounce:

Edited by bid

not me either, London is a tad far when ur in scotland.

London AND Scotland are too far for me--I live in the middle :rolleyes: . Besides, I never socialize; I prefer my books to people :D Hope you all have fun though :dance:

I can't come :(

It's Mum and Dads wedding anniversary and we're all going for a meal that day

Sorry to miss you, but hope you have a nice day >:D<<'>

Have a Scottish one!

lol i probably wouldn't go anyway even if there was a scottish meet!

Timings and meeting place?

Outside the London transport museum at about 12? I think it's reasonably quietish around that bit. Feel free to come up with a better idea! :)

K x

Outside the London transport museum at about 12? I think it's reasonably quietish around that bit. Feel free to come up with a better idea! :)

K x

Sounds good to me! OK for everyone else?

Sounds good to me! OK for everyone else?

Yep, although you may have to drag me out of the shop :D - This is where I totally live up to the ASD stereotype as I'm two underground badges short of my full collection... :whistle::lol:

Can I officially add the date and time to my new pretty clean planner (new academic year, that's why my planner starts now...)? :unsure:

at about 12

I don't do 'abouts' so provided this is agreed by everyone else I will be doing at 12! :lol: :lol:

I don't do 'abouts' so provided this is agreed by everyone else I will be doing at 12! :lol: :lol:

I'll try not to be "fashionably late" then! :D

K x

I'll try not to be "fashionably late" then! :D

K x

Well I hope so, since I'll be tagghing along with you to find the rendevous! :P:lol:

bid ;)

OK, laydees...

Next Sunday 16th August, meeting outside the London Transport Museum on the dot of 12!!

Seems to be me, Mumble, Tally, Kathryn and Jaded :)

Any last minute joiners?

Bid :D

Next Sunday 16th August, meeting outside the London Transport Museum on the dot of 12!!

The London Transport Museum occupies a corner site (L-shaped). Can I suggest we meet on the edge without the main entrance as there are likely to be less people there to get in the way of and it is also covered in case it rains. I have marked with a yellow cross where I mean on this photo (the giant baubles aren't there any more). Is that ok?

Any last minute joiners?

Well that's a bit prejudiced against plumbers, electricians, plasterers, general builders... :whistle:

OK, will look out for the yellow cross... :unsure::P

I did wonder about sporting a pair of sparklie deely-boppers so everyone will know it's me :whistle:

Bid :dance:

Oooh the pressure to get there on the dot. I shall probably get there early and spend a small fortune in the Build-a-Bear shop on my absent children who I am missing dreadfully (they only went yesterday).

I've given bid my mobile number, now all I have to do is remember to bring it with me, switch it on and have some credit. Shouldn't be too hard for someone of my age. :)

I've just decided to look up exactly where the London Transport Museum is and it turns out I can get there without even using the Tube :)

I've just decided to look up exactly where the London Transport Museum is and it turns out I can get there without even using the Tube :)

Easily - turn left outta Waterloo station and keep walking over the bridge! :D