Sign in to follow this  
bid

London Mini-Meet

Oh, I was going to get the train to Charing X. Even less to walk!

I would think they're about the same (provided you know the short-cut up to Covent Garden off the bridge! :lol:).

Once we've met, what shall we do next? :)

Stand around awkwardly shuffling our feet and not knowing what to say? :unsure::wacko:

Lunch

:eat: You might want to narrow that down. Apparently there are enough places to eat/get food in Covent Garden to eat lunch somewhere different every day for 2 1/2 years!! :o

I don't know the shortcut from the bridge. I am familiar with getting the train, so I think I will stick with that. I have an appalling sense of direction and getting the train gives me less scope to get lost.

I don't know the shortcut from the bridge. I am familiar with getting the train, so I think I will stick with that. I have an appalling sense of direction and getting the train gives me less scope to get lost.

That makes sense; the route from Charing X to Covent Garden is very easy (straight along the Strand and up Southampton Street). I just assumed that your train from 'Shed' to London would come into Waterloo. :)

Italian? I'm just trying to remember the name of the place I was at last week.

I'm very easy when it comes to food, so I'll be happy to go with the consensus!

Bid :eat:

The train from my shed does indeed come into Waterloo (or Victoria). I plan to get the train from Waterloo East to Charing X. Southampton Street was my planned route, so it's reassuring I've picked the right way!

I'm VERY fussy with food, but should find something I can eat in most places except Thai.

Italian? I'm just trying to remember the name of the place I was at last week.

Fine with me. :eat::gather: I eat anything apart from celery!!! :sick::lol:

I walked through Covent Garden today mid-morning and it was seriously busy :unsure: There was a very good Johnny Depp look-a-like in pirate costume entertaining the masses :wub: :wub:

I'm VERY fussy with food, but should find something I can eat in most places except Thai.

Oh yes, I've never tried Thai, but it reminds me, I'm not great with anything spicy.

Point me in the direction of a cappucino and I'm happy. :)

There's a good pizza express on the Strand - opposite Charing X more or less, is that too far out of the way?

Or do folk just want a sandwich?

K x

Cafe Pasta in Garrick Street was the one I was thinking of.

I've just joined their mailing list and got a voucher, which astonishingly will be valid on Sunday :thumbs: - they'll take the cost of one main course off our bill.

But it's only a suggestion.

There's a good pizza express on the Strand - opposite Charing X more or less, is that too far out of the way?

No, it's less than a ten minute walk and you're right, really nice - my sister and I often end up there having walked around Leicester Square and failed to decide.

My favourite London place for food is Giraffe on the South Bank, but it's a bit pricey, although their food is delicious, and you get cute plastic giraffes in your drinks!

Cafe Pasta in Garrick Street was the one I was thinking of.

That looks good. There's stuff I like on their menu, and having the menu now means I can decide now rather than you having to put up with my not coping with menus :thumbs:

I've just joined their mailing list and got a voucher, which astonishingly will be valid on Sunday :thumbs: - they'll take the cost of one main course off our bill.

Joined too and got voucher immediately :thumbs: It's valid for a free meal provided at least two people are dining. I don't know if we can pretend to be a two and a three and get two free meals or if they'll only let us have one per the five of us, but still good :thumbs:

I love Pizza Express, but that other place looks OK too.

As well as the Charing X one, there is a Pizza Express on Bow Street (essentially the other side of the Royal Opera House, so basically in Covent Garden) - I've never been so I don't know what it is like.

EDIT: Here are the details.

Edit again, I've found another one close to the place Jaded suggested which looks lovely: details here. I didn't realise there were so many :eat:

Edited by Mumble

All Pizza Expresses are much the same so it should be fine. I love their food, but as it's the chain my children both love to eat in the most (we were in Horsham P.E. only last Monday:lol: ) I wouldn't mind trying something different.

I don't feel strongly about it though, so I'm happy to go with the majority vote. :)

K x

They were queuing out of the door of Pizza Express (pre-theatre rush) the other week which was why we tried Cafe Pasta.

I'm happy with either. I'm bound to prefer Pizza Express simply because of experience and knowing what to expect and it being well within my comfort zone. So afraid I can't make an unbiased choice!! I liked the library based interior of one of them though.

I don't think they do theatre on a Sunday so at least we won't have to worry about specific busy times. :unsure:

I'm happy with either. My vote would be for Pizza Express first, but I'm perfectly happy with the other place if others prefer that.

Hi,

would you mind if I join you on Sunday? I hope it is not too late. I've seen this thread only last evening and would be very happy to meet you all although I don't live in London and it will take me some time to get there. I am not fussy about eating so agree whatever you decide.

Danaxxx

Hi Dana,

Of course - never too late!

Just turn up and meet us at 12 - if you can't get there at that time, I'll pm you my mobile number so you can track us down. :)

K x

I say, I say, I say...

How many people with autism does it take to choose where to have lunch??

Bid :lol:;)

Edited by bid

I think we've done very well so far! :lol:

NB. I do not have autism. But I have been known to stand in fromt of the margarine aisle for 10 minutes wondering which one to buy. So I don't make quick decisions - usually - I think - well sometimes I do - it depends really, actually sometimes I can be really decisive but on the other hand - oh I don't know, I'll have to think about it - get back to you on that one....

K x ;)

I have only just found this thread. I would have loved to have come along but I am doing something else tomorrow. :crying: Let us all know how it goes and I would definitely be interested in the next meet up.

Jannih

Sorry you can't come Jannih.

Anyone else who's still thinking about it - it's not too late to join in. :)

K x

I am excited as well! >:D<<'> but I have to worn you that I am a bit shy in a group .I hope you won't mind. ;)

Kathryn, did you get my mobile number ?

Danaxxx

OK, just to help group recognition, Kathryn will be the teeny tiny one who is nontheless tastefully co-ordinated in the ear-ring/necklace/bracelet department, and I will be the sparklie one! :devil:

Bid ;)

Yes I did, thanks Dana. :)

Don't worry, you won't be the only one who feels a bit shy - I know I will !

Look forward to seeing you,

OK, just to help group recognition, Kathryn will be the teeny tiny one who is nontheless tastefully co-ordinated in the ear-ring/necklace/bracelet department, and I will be the sparklie one!

Oh Bid - did I not tell you, I've renounced all my jewellery and become a nun - sorry. :unsure:

:devil:;)

K x

Edited by Kathryn