Sign in to follow this  
something_different

what kind of learner are you?

quiz

my results were:

Doing - 88%

Visual - 63%

Hearing - 6% (lol guess i don't listen much!)

Doing learning style

You need to receive information through touch and feel and learn best from hands-on work and movement.

Visual learning style

You need to see information in a visual format and learn best from written information, diagrams, and pictures.

These are my results :)

Hearing learning style : 69%

Visual learning style : 50%

Doing learning style : 13%

I found some of the questions difficult to answer but I got:

Hearing 56 %

Visual 56 %

Doing 25 %

K x

Erm ... is no-one going to question why their results do not add up to 100%? :unsure:

These numbers are completely nonsensical and have no actual meaning - you cannot even derive a true relationship as we are not told what each is a percentage of. All I can say is that I am more visual than auditory (by their analysis) but it says nothing about how much more, whether this is significantly more, or what it means.

Anyway, artificially segregating auditory, visual and kinaesthetic so called 'learning styles' has no cognitive neuroscientific basis and much of what is 'known' is based on myths sold to teachers (and in some cases parents) by companies who are more interested in money than supporting individuals' learning.

All current research suggests that you need to have input from all three approaches to be able to learn at your best.

*Jumps down off soap box* :bounce: :bounce: :bounce::ph34r:

BTW, I'm not having a go at anyone here or the OP, this is just one of my 'things' :wacko:

i think each section is out of 100. so each is taken as a seprate percentage which is why it does not add up to 100% if you know what i mean.

so mine were

Doing - 88% so thats 88/100

Visual - 63% then 63/100

Hearing - 6% and 6/100

plus tiz only a bit of fun anyway.

Edited by something_different

Erm ... is no-one going to question why their results do not add up to 100%? :unsure:

No - because I live in a world where nothing ever adds up... :hypno::lol: .

I agree with the rest of your post. I think I use elements of all types of learning, sometimes more than one at once, according to what I'm learning. That's why I found the questions difficult to answer.

K x

Hearing - 6% and 6/100

plus tiz only a bit of fun anyway.

So what is the other 94%? Not hearing? :unsure:

I know many of these quizzes are only a bit of fun and you posted it with those assumptions (and I'm certainly not having a go at you), but this website doesn't claim it to be a bit of fun and indeed makes links with careers for instance. :shame:

No - because I live in a world where nothing ever adds up... :hypno::lol: .

:lol: :lol: I like that answer. :D Can I paraphrase you in my PhD please? :pray::lol:

So what is the other 94%? Not hearing? :unsure:

I know many of these quizzes are only a bit of fun and you posted it with those assumptions (and I'm certainly not having a go at you), but this website doesn't claim it to be a bit of fun and indeed makes links with careers for instance. :shame:

lol i didn't notice that part, i just get a bit obsessed with quizzes and occasionaly share one or two, haha if i posted all the quizzes i took it would be like SD takes over the forum!

and yes I prob am 94% not hearing, well not listening would probably be a better phrase as I have a bad tendancy of 'switching off' when people are talking ooops!

I see it as self-awareness, knowing what tools for learning will suit you (or employers can use for training). There's no point in giving me a training podcast to listen to when a DVD will be much more effective. Differentiation.