Sign in to follow this  
bjkmummy

having their own bedroom - advice please

hi, my dh in the raf - ben has asd and joe adhd plus have a girl as well

when i moved here 4 years ago i managed to argue to get a 4 bed house - with 3 kids technically we only entitled to a 3 bed. no way my kids can share as their needs so different. joe hardly sleeps and ben needs his own space - cant cope with anything being out of place etc

both kids are dx - however when i applied for a house 4 years ago know i quoted a lot of stuff and printed a load of stuff up to back up my case for a 4 bed house but now i need to apply again cos we are moving into lincolnshire and i cant find anything to back up my case. i know people have mentioned somewhere in every child matters it states that a disabled child should have their own room but i cant find the exact place where it says this or indeed anything that quotes this!!! i would be grateful fo any help!!!!!

Hi,

try this;

http://www.jrf.org.uk/publications/housing...sabled-children

It's a report from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, it might also provide a link to the info you had before.

Sorry it's not a linky thingy, it's so long since I've been here that I've forgotten how to do it!

Good Luck

smallworld

Wow, it is a link, not sure how I did that !!

Edited by smallworld