Viper

For those who remember me

Some of you may remember that I have 2 autistic kids. one girl now 18 and a boy nearly 9. This news is about my DD. She left school at 17 without much to speak about but was determined to get a job so she joined a Key training scheme (government thing) and was placed in a primary school for 6 weeks, after which they should have started paying her a wage of some sort.

But the school said they couldn't pay her. DD was determined to get an NVQ in child care so decided to stay on volentarilly until she gained her NVQ level 2. She stayed for a whole school year and got her NVQ. She now works in a day nursery who were very keen to have her. She has 3 Key kids that she looks after and even changes nappies which she had never done before.

She is paid £5.80 an hour and works 9 hours a day. And boy is she enjoying it. Not just the money she loves the job. She is now planning to do driving lessons and buy a car.

And with her first months wages she bought me a beautiful dress and presents for the whole family. She has made me such a proud mummy. Her sheer determination and dedication has inspired me. Not just her hard work but the way she never gave up and even now she is so dedicated. She has to get up at 6am to get a bus and doesn't get home until 7PM, but she never complains. The poor kid is so tired by Friday she goes to bed a 8.30 and sleeps right through till morning.

So for all those who wonder what will become of their kids, I hope this gives you all some hope, I never thought I would be sitting here with my DD in such a great job and in these hard times too. :thumbs:

Viper.

Wow - what a great story. :dance: That's so impressive. :thumbs: Congratulate her from me, please! :) (Even if she won't have the first idea who I am! :lol:)

James

That's such an inspiring story :thumbs: It's made me all emotional!!

You sound like you're bursting with pride - and you should be proud of yourself too :clap:

wow thats fantastic, no wonder you are very proud of her. I have the same hopes for my son i hope he finds what he is looking for. Well done to your daughter, she proves there is hope.

:thumbs:

Great news Viper - and thanks for coming back to tell us. :) I well remember the struggles you had with her education. Can't believe she's 18!

K x

Glad things are going so well for her, and hope that her career in child minding goes from strength to strength :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by baddad

that is fantastic news you must be so proud!