Viper

Me again

Someone asked, when I posted the other day, how my son is getting on. Well I have some amazing news that I know you here will understand.

DS has a toilet phobia and although he is nearly nine had never pooed on a toilet, until Friday that is. He did his first ever poo on the toilet. :thumbs: I am so proud of him and he hasn't looked back since.

His reward was 2 guinea pigs that we promised him when he was 5. He was so pleased with them that he cried with shear pleasure and asked me if it was real, bless him.

If anyone else has this problem then check out this link to a new kind of toilet seat that we bought and ultimatly helped DS to finally use a toilet.

http://www.bathroom-trends.co.uk/acatalog/...Soft_Close.html

Wow - that's great news Viper! :thumbs: Well done to him!

:groupwave:

I remember all your posts about the toilet problem and it's fantastic to hear you've had a breakthrough at last. Your post will give hope to others I'm sure. :)

K x

I can totally emphasise with your joy!

I have a son who's 6in a few weeks who won't sit on a toilet seat (I think this is a sensory issue as he doesn't like anything that feels cold to him at all). We have major soiling / smearing issues with him.

Can I ask what do you think has made the difference with your son with this particular toilet seat - did he have a fear of falling or do you think he had sensory problems?

I'm quite disappointed with the lack of support we have had with our son's soiling issues, we've just been turned down by a nursing team as he doesn't have learning difficulties.

JLP, DS problem was a fear of being flushed away into the sewers. He knew it was impossible but that made no difference at all. One thing I did find out was that he thought the toilet "sucked" poo away so I found a toilet on the net that showed how it worked. Then we bought this new seat and he was happy to use it. I think it got to a point where he wanted to do it and the new seat gave him the confidence.

Don't give up it will happen one day, just be patient. Oh and have you tried a soft padded seat or even a heated one?

>:D<<'> Thats brilliant news! My son had similar issues and has the same with the bath plug, if I take it out whilst he is in the bath he thinks he will go down the plughole . . . I hope he enjoys the guinea pigs!!! :thumbs:

toliets :rolleyes:i think he used school toilets today :pray: its been a issue since primary 1 and he is in primary 5 now,if he uses school toilets,he can stay at school for lunch,then the eating and food program with the aid of our nutritionist,can go in and get him to try more kinds of food.:pray::eat::dance:

Edited by sesley

Two guinea pigs!! I remember my first pet rodents--some of the best memories of my life! Hope they're nice and friendly :) My two rats were the nicest animals in the world!

Hi Viper

Thank you for posting this, my youngest son no diagnosis will not poo on the toilet but will happily do a wee, we have tried everything ( he is nearly 5) at the moment im not trying to get him to do it as ive run out of ideas and dont want him to get upset over it but your post made me feel there will be a time when he can do this so thank you >:D<<'> Also if you dont mind me asking what did you use as my son is getting too big for nappies :unsure:

Brooke, we are suplied with free nappies from the incontinence service. I can't remember who sorted it out for us but have a word with a health visitor or GP maybe, I seem to remember it was the same person who organised his disabled buggy for us. Someone else may be able to help you with this, someone with a better memory than me.

I hope that helps.