matzoball

newly diagnosed gal

hi there

i'm julie, i got my diagnosis at the age of 32 roughly three months ago, which i thought would be hard to adjust to, but it's actually been incredibly reassuring.

it's opened up a whole new world to me, and i am looking forward to speaking with you all!

i put the rabbit in because..i like rabbits.

:robbie:

Hello Julie and welcome :)

I'm glad you've found the diagnosis a positive thing :thumbs: I have a boy of 6 who was dx with sutism a couple of years ago. After the initial feeling of shock, we have found it's given us access to lots of help support :)

Nicky

oh, and here's some more :

:robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie:

Hiya Matzoball

Can you tell me if you had to go to a special clinic to get diagnosed, and were your symptons obvious to you over the last few years, I am being put forward for diagnosis by my gp

Paul.

Hello Julie and welcome :)

I'm glad you've found the diagnosis a positive thing :thumbs: I have a boy of 6 who was dx with sutism a couple of years ago. After the initial feeling of shock, we have found it's given us access to lots of help support :)

Nicky

oh, and here's some more :

:robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie:

hi nicky

it's great knowing there is something like this to give support - and thanks for the bunnehs :):robbie:

Hiya Matzoball

Can you tell me if you had to go to a special clinic to get diagnosed, and were your symptons obvious to you over the last few years, I am being put forward for diagnosis by my gp

Paul.

no i did the same as yourself and went to my gp, it did take me a while to be taken seriously because i am female, and because of my age. i had to get second and third opinions, but i found one willing to put me forward for testing and he was incredibly supportive.

having never encountered anyone with aspergers or autism before i never really thought about my symptoms, i just thought i was eccentric, but my nephew actually put things into perspective for me. he's just turning four, and he was diagnosed with asd last year. there were a lot of similarities between the two of us, and that made me think about my own symptoms and that lead me to approach my gp.

it is a worrying time before you go for diagnosis, because you don't know what the outcome will be, but it will be worth it i promise you.

I was diagnosed at 29 (2 years ago) and I also found it very reassuring, not to mention a huge relief! :)

Oh, welcome aboard by the way :rolleyes:

hi welcome