Sign in to follow this  
Teresa

lap top insurance

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction for insurance for a laptop, T uses a college lap top and has just picked it up ready for new term, it came with letter to sign, saying we had to have cover for it when she brings it home, have never had to before this is a new thing they have just put in place.

Sorry if i have not posted in the right place.

Teresa :)

I think this would be covered by your house contents insurance. Ask your insurance provider for confirmation of this. If not it could be added.

Edited by chris54

Thanks for that rang today it is covered but first T has to send a letter saying that it is on lone and she is responsible for it outside of college also it's worth. The cover is for in the home only not outside, ie: taking to and bring from college, so not sure about that.

Teresa :)

you should also check if you are required to have accidental damage/repair cover, contents insurance doesn't normally cover things like computers for that so you would need a seperate policy and repair insurance is something entirely different (whatever you do dont take out a policy with the global pc store, the indian meal themed electrical store or anything linked with it (they're the same company along with one beginning with D and the stationary store beginning with S i believe... they're worse than useless and take over three months to do basic repairs (not just me... i know 5+ other people with the same experience)