Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

Back to School

I have been dreading this day for weeks. Glen has behaved so well during the summer holiday compared to how he was behaving at School the past school year. I just hope that things improve in this new School year.

i have to say its the opposite for us, due to the lack of routine my ds finds the time off difficult and too long its been 7weeks this time and he was ready to go back last week :(

Hope it went ok for you :)

Edited by brooke

School started today and already stress for my son and myself. Had a great break, no hand flapping, no sleepless nights... I could live like that for ever!

DS goes back on Monday. It's been such a relaxing holidays for us. Although he says he's looking forward to going back, I still can't help worrying.

We've also got a battle looming with the LEA to try and get them to carry out statutory asessment, so I'm making the most of the next few days.

I hope the new school year goes well for everyone :pray:

Mine went back on Wednesday, he was well ready for it I think. He needs the routines they offer, and our attempts to broaden horizons, try new things, play with others ,etc, all failed miserably this summer :crying: He ended up refusing to communicate or participate in anything at all, and withdrew what little communications we did have to ensure we didn't try it again... We must accept the inevitable ? he just isn't cut out to be social on any level ? I feel rather guilty I expressed relief when he started back, it was like a heavy weight was lifted from me this year, which was the hardest I recall in years. I was just drained...... we will probably have to wait a few weeks or a month before he decides to talk to us again. We've decided no more inclusion gigs outside the home unless he asks, or shows a definite need for it, there comes a time a horse has been well and truly flogged I think, at this time I have no ideas at all how to proceed. I am just resting ! I'm going to need all the energy I can muster...

Glen got on ok at School. It looks like they are starting to listen at last to what my hubby and myself have been saving for ages. Glen is now in a class which is going to concentrate on life and personal skills, they will go out in the community several times a week, go to shops and buy food etc for snacks. Hopefully Glen will be more settled in this class.

Glen got on ok at School. It looks like they are starting to listen at last to what my hubby and myself have been saving for ages. Glen is now in a class which is going to concentrate on life and personal skills, they will go out in the community several times a week, go to shops and buy food etc for snacks. Hopefully Glen will be more settled in this class.

I'm glad he got on OK :thumbs:

Thanks Nicky, I'm taking one day at a time I know what the School is like!

Marcus went back today. Is very nervous but no tears and went without a fuss. He is more anxious as he has a bald patch where he has pulled his hair out (will post about this later when i have more time) and my mother took him to the hairdressers to get it sorted out. She misunderstood my instructions and told the hairdresser to give him a number 3 all over, obviously this has made it more obvious. He is worried the other kids will tease him which of course they will, so i will sit here and wait for the fall out when he comes home. Piers and lydia are back on Monday and Piers hates school so doesn,t want to go, Lydia is concerned about starting a new class without Piers, DH is taking them as i am at work. Lets hope everything goes Ok. and good luck to you all.