jlogan1

is it a control thing?

I think it already has been dropped, BD ... I think everyone wants to help jlogan rather than derail the thread.

Now be off with you, or I'll tell God to send the lightning next time :devil:;):P

K x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> well what a difference a few days make,i am happy to report we had one of the best days weve had for months yesterday,all presure off ,no school we went for a drive,she made cheese straws,i took her homework back,have asked for some more,but history and maths cos she said she prefers.guess what she even asked me if they had given any and when i sadi they were going to sort some out she didnt mind :thumbs: and the biggest break throgh was she spoke to her dad,hasnt done for ages they dont get on ,long story wont go into now,and he even managed to put his arm round her :thumbs::thumbs: totally unheard of in the last few years!!so looks like taking preasure off worked,not living in cloud cookoo land who knows what today could bring but was just nice to have a good day cos dont get many,so thanks for all support and hears hoping we may even get back to school next week for a session. :notworthy:

I think some of the ideas offered on here are really useful - particularly the stuff from baddad. Sanctions & Rewards work. The small print is that they need to be clear, consistently-applied, things that are genuinely meaningful to the child, and stuff that you are actually prepared to carry out. Once several weeks and possibly months has been spent in this manner then gradually you can begin to cut a little slack now and then. I don't know your child so it wouldn't be sensible for me to comment on your particular circmstances but - in general - I have found that following that formula (for want of a better word!) keeps things really positive and everyone very happy in my class!

Edited by AS_Teacher