Sign in to follow this  
steve123

Just been through assessment

Finally I got through the whole process, the quotient test gave an indication that I wasn't suffering from Aspergers and the Disco assessment has now confirmed it..... but don't think this is the end of my journey, as i'd like to stick round and help others having been through all this.

There's help out there if you need it, and I found that if you can locate a doctor with experience in the field of autism they can be invaluable.

I found that a lot of my problems stemmed from anxiety and that's what I was eventually diagnosed with, I am now taking herbal Aconite tablets which works wonders though am on a stronger strength which has to be prescribed.

On my journey to seek assessment I found that talking to neutral people really helped, I was directed to a local mental health unit - that didn't handle any autism related conditions.... that was alot of help.... but found that speaking to one of the professionals about the problems I was having really lifted a weight.... likewise this might assist a person with AS to cope, I know there are groups and support services which might offer a similar service.

Hi Steve, im really pleased that you have found the assesment process helpful and you seem happy with the outcome, you must feel like you have some answers now which I suppose is all any of us want really.

Its nice that you still want to stick around to help others aswell, there must be so many going through assessments, my son included and it is without a doubt the most stressful thing I have ever done so its really good to know that it can have a positive outcome sometimes.

Thanks for the update Steve - good to hear your experience of not being diagnosed. I hope the treatment you are taking for the anxiety will make a real difference soon.

K x