Viper

Favourite colour

Does your AS child have a favourite colour?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Does your AS child have a favourite colour?

• Red
    • Green
    • Blue
    • Yellow
    • Orange
    • Pink
    • Brown
    • Purple/mauve
    • White
    • Other

Just a bit of fun. I have three family members with AS, or who I think have AS (my mum) and they all like the same colour. I was just interested to see if it is a sensory thing or just a coincidence.

By the way they all like green, My 4 year old has always liked green even before he knew his colours.

Viper.

PS I tried to put in black and grey but the forum only allows so many options, please don't think I am colourist :lol: Please indicate preferance for these colours with "other"

Sorry I have put this in the wrong section, Kris, Elefan, feel free to shift it.

Edited by Viper

Greenie here too. ;)

Dunno why really - that's just always been the way it is! :lol:

James

I just asked Alex what his favourite colour was. He said "I like red and green, but I only like wearing blue, so blue is my favourite".

I would only let him vote for the one colour........he would have been on here all night otherwise. :D

Annie

My daughter likes red, wears all red whenever possible. When she was 4 I went to buy her her first pair of school shoes. She insisted on having the red ones - wouldn't contemplate the brown or black. The sensible parent in me wanted to insist on the black, but I thought the red looked rather nice too, so she started school in red shoes.

Perhaps if we'd found a school with a red uniform she might have liked it better. :lol:

Hi,

Kai HATES red. So much so that if we pull up behind a red car at the lights, he puts his hands over his face and makes a funny noise.

Occasionally i try o sneak a red t-shirt on him because it really suits his dark skin, but he's having one of it!

His favourite colour is blue.

Loulou x

Hi Lou lou,

My daughter has a similar aversion to particular colours, in her case, orange and yellow. She won't eat orange and yellow food, with the exception of orange juice.

K

K always had green as his favourite colour spoonhandles, lollipopsetc but recently someone bought him a green top the same as another black one he has and he didn't like the shade . We had to exchange it for another black one. Now he switches from one to the other you would think he never cahnged tops!

Andrew loves the colour blue - he thinks of it as a calming colour for him & his gba is blue for that reason as he uses that as a calming mechanism, he loves his blue bedroom too.

Carol

j loves blue would only play with blue bricks for two yrs recently started with other colours,though goes back to blue when really stressed

My son loves blue and always has......he has to have blue everything, with exception of clothes which he doesnt seem to bothered about. He also quite likes green, if his blue cup is in for the wash then he will have green.....

Hi

My son couldnt decide on green or red. Green used to be his favorite colour for the past eight years ( he's nine) its now red.

sel.

:D Asked my son and he described beige , cream pale brown, all thecolours of chocolate, soil and sand,he says they make him feel relaxed and calm.

My AS son used to hate yellow and scream if he had to wear anything or touch anything yellow when he was aged 3 - 4 years. It was very difficult as his Nusery top was yellow. He doesnt do this now thankfully. He loved the colour Black and any dark colours now.

there may be science here.

Colours liked are essentially colours responded to by individual cone cell types except mauve which is an absence of green.

the science is complex, if you want to know more please email me - not for the faint hearted though (higher than A level maths)

I have always hated the colour brown

I like the colour black because I like wearing it as it suits me

I like the colour red because it symbolises passion and love

I like purple because it is a calming colour to me

Colours liked are essentially colours responded to by individual cone cell types except mauve which is an absence of green.

the science is complex, if you want to know more please email me - not for the faint hearted though (higher than A level maths)

Really interesting and something I've wondered about (but I'm not advanced enough probably to make sense of the documentation!)

Ds has been obsessed with purple for the first 4 communicating years of his life and we didn't know if he got it from being with my purple-obsessed mother or if it was his natural favorite. Turquoise is his back-up color when he needs to be more gender-appropriate (I'm easy-going but feel I have to help him not stand out too much at school and it is so hard to tear him away from a purple flowery shirt found hanging in the girls' department!).

The color connection really helped otherwise when trying to get him to wear new clothes but now he seems to be fading off of it and says blue is his new fave, although he doesn't seem as "into" that color as he used to be with purple...

Your story reminds me that of one a mother mentioned to me last week, her son is obsessed with PINK, and had a screaming tantrum in a shop last week as he wanted some pink Barbie wellies, mad world we live in that this poor little guy who just wants things pink can't have them because he'll be picked on.

Hmmm Lewis' fave colour at the moment is Black! Dunno if this is a Darth Vader thing or not. But i would also say he is rather morbid! :wacko:

Nick loves red...he said that to me recently and he really likes this colour....

He loves green, always has had.

Interestingly I asked him, what colour do you see when you are feeling upset, angry,frustrated e.t.c and he said dark red / brown. I asked him what colour do you see when you are happy and he replied pale green and he also added that pale or pastal colours make him feel relaxed ( but not any shade of red or brown - however light)

On reflection, we painted the bathroom a very pale blue last summer and its only been since then that he has stayed in the bath for over 30 seconds without active encouragement.

Right I'm off to B&Q to get a lorry load of pastel paint, going to cover the whole house in it :lol:

tizz

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum. Have been reading everyone elses posts for months but first time I have posted!

But anyway just to let you know my 5 year old AS sons favourite colour is RED (even down to the bright red carpet in his bedroom - his choice of course!!!!) Oh and by the way he IS the RED POWER RANGER

Funnily enough, my hubbie favours flesh colour!! :whistle:

Nellie xx

OOh er missus!!!! :lol:

Sort of crimsony blood red colour for me, followed by very deep, dark blue... quite intense colours generally. Can't be doing with boring colours - like stupid magnolia room :rolleyes:

But when it comes to wearing - black every time, goes with my hair and... build, as well as reflecting my inner darkness. Or something like that :P

haha you may enjoy talking to my dad he's a colour expert.

My son likes red and blue best but I voted blue.

c's favourite colour is red, he has red sweets, red ice poles and genuinely believes red cars go faster :lol:

(but he secretly likes blonde too and wants kisses and cuddles from the blonde one from girls aloud)

Hi everyone. I didnt notice any girls on here.

My ASD daughter loves PINK. It has to be pink everything or she wont have it. But sayin that she hates dolls n baby stuff.

All her bedroom is pink and her teddies are pink all her clothes too. She has endless pink cushions.

Her plate/bowl/cup is pink. Even shampoo and shower gel.

Just glad she likes this colour as she wanted to have a bright red bedroom with a pink stripe at one stage. It also has to be the soft pink she hates groovey chick pink. :wacko:

I voted yellow for my son. Was obsessive about it from year dot to now aged 8 but lately says he likes red and green too - although given the choice he still slants towards yellow things. However he also likes sparkly things - so he has a sparkly purse. I tried in vain to get him to like a new boys leather purse/wallet.

J adores red, he does have red hair so might have something to do with it, he said he can resemble who he feels when he is angry :angry: and also how he feels about his girlfriend, love :wub: how I feel when he is been mischievous :devil: and how happy he is when he is doing things he likes to do :party:

I cant say he wears much red only when its his footyshirt, it can make him look rather pale.

I like white, and my room is a kind of pastal colour, purples, and pinks, bold too.

I have studied colour therapy and its really interesting as there is positives and negatives to certain colours.

here is a few if your interested.

RED

Positives: chief, resolute, fighting, vigerous, diligent, appreciative, reviving.

Negatives: brutal, prejudied, harsh, bullying, obstinate, dishonourable.

Red is the spirit of physical life. Full of power, fire, and drive.

It is courage and liberation, passion and excitement.

Red has a burning desire to get somewhere, but tends to act without thinking.

Red people are reformers and fighters, and at best are fine leaders.

They are builders of great things from very little.

They are explorers, with the energy of the life force at their command.

Pioners, military, entrepreneurial relate to Red.

At its best red will ensure a satifying and passionate love life.

seeks adancement no matter who or what suffers.

Red foods act as a pick me up, restoring Zest energy and drive, red apples, red peppers, strawberries, red hot chilli peppers, tomatoes, radish, cranberries.

this is taken from a book called Colour healing, lilian verner bonds.

Any requests for a certain colour just ask.

JsMum

Hmmm Lewis' fave colour at the moment is Black! Dunno if this is a Darth Vader thing or not. But i would also say he is rather morbid! :wacko:

Here is some quotes here about black.

Benificially strong., Creative, Idealistic, Secretely wealthy?

negatives

destrustively strong, troublesome, superior, dispairing, constrained

Use black in a positive way to encourage self disapline.

Black foods heighten your awarness of the magic within you?!

so not as bad as you think, black jewellery will announce I have hidden potential.

JsMum