Enid

x factor

Anyone watching, the autisic bloke, sorry cant remember the name, he got 4 yes`s, he was so good it brought tears to my eyes!!! Enid

Scott. His autism led him not to leave the house for 7 years. I also had to wipe a tear away. I felt so proud of him. I hope that he gets treated decently as he goes into the next round.

I was moved to tears also,felt proud even though i don't know him..but having an aspi son,gave me hope,possibilities and perhaps a change in some peoples perceptions.Nice to see something so positive.Brilliant,well done him!! :thumbs:

me too had to wipe tears away,have 13 year old dd,awaiting diagnosis and she wont leave house,well only when dark ! :tearful: so thought it was great to see how well he did.hope it brings aware :thumbs: ness to others.

Hi,

He was really good. When he sang i had goose bumps and i felt so proud of him. He said he wanted to prove people wrong who have prejudices against people with autism.

:thumbs:

Loulou xx

:crying::crying::crying: I didnt just shed a tear I ended up crying like a baby...it came a week after having a report from salt to say our Ds had only shown two emotions extreme anxiety and laughter and that he has avoided all contact with other children and it made the possibilty of 7 years in isolation seem so real and I couldfeel the bravery of this lad.Not everyone could appreciate what some might deem one of the shows tailor made sob stories ..but for once I saw it as every minute as real.

It brought tears to my eyes as well - he was amazing. I just hope it does not get too much for him at the next stages.

Luke is always going on about wanting to perform - this gave me some hope that if he wants it enough, anything is possible.

I must admit I clicked the link with some trepidation, expecting to find it all really cringey. But I was pleasantly surprised, he has a decent voice by any standards, not just "for an autistic person" and well deserves to go through. Good luck to him and I too hope they look after him now he's in the spotlight,- better than BGT looked after Susan Boyle.

K x

He was very very good by any standards, not cringeworthy at all. Even if he doesnt win, it will raise the profile of ASDs in a positive way. I too hope they treat him better than Susan Boyle.

Go Scott. :clap:

Scott was phenomenal. I had to bite my lip to stop myself crying, but my eyes filled up and my mouth was quivering! I thought he initially looked scared being amongst so many people/venturing away from home.

I'm sure Scott posted a message on this forum a few months back. So, Scott, if you still visit the forum, I want you to know that you're an inspirational young man.

Caroline.

This is the official link to Scott's audition, on ITV's web site:

http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/episodes/video/item_200244.htm

98% :thumbs: there! Out of 1,181 ratings! 51 comments so far too, all positive. :)

If he gets through the Boot Camp stage, into the final 50 (ought to be a no-brainer), he'll have to go abroad, to one of the judges' houses! :o He could be off to Morocco (with Cheryl), Dubai (with Dannii), Milan (with Louis), or Los Angeles (with Simon)! :o (Depends on which judge gets the "Boys" category - Wikipedia has an article that speculates on this, but I won't put any potential spoilers in here.) If leaving the house was hard, how about leaving the country?! :blink:

James

I thought he was brilliant and i too had a tear in my eye............imagine being his mum imagine how it must have fealt youre son youre autistic son there doing it.......youd have been so proud so full of emotion.

I realy hope he goes on but im worried it might get too much i hope hell be ok.

if he gets through to the live shows.....hes gonna have one massive fan base in the autistic society behind him............

My son was dead excited to see someone with autism up there doing it......it kinda said its not a barrier and you can achieve a dream.

Wow, he's good isn't he.

What extremes to go to from being inside the house for years to being up on a stage infront of all those people. I couldn't do it.

didnt see scott at bootcamp maybe its on tonight

Yes I think we will see him tonight and word is that he does not make it :tearful: Hope what I heard is wrong.

Cat

I must admit I clicked the link with some trepidation, expecting to find it all really cringey. But I was pleasantly surprised, he has a decent voice by any standards, not just "for an autistic person" and well deserves to go through. Good luck to him and I too hope they look after him now he's in the spotlight,- better than BGT looked after Susan Boyle.

K x

This.

I was expecting it to be awful (X-factor has a ridiculous amount of 'sob-stories' that it was likely to be cringeworthy. It was a really good performance. Shame he didn't get through, but good on him for going for it.

When he didn't appear on Saturday's first boot camp show, I assumed he'd been eliminated at the "200 to 50" stage. :(

But then when he did appear on Sunday's second show, I had mixed feelings ... I was like, "Yay! He's still in!" ... but then I realised ITV had lumped him into the package of contestants that were forgetting their lyrics, so I knew what was coming. :rolleyes:

Still, he took it well ... he was right - to get from 200,000 auditionees down to the last 50 was amazing. :clap: And he did get a nice send-off from Simon too ... not to mention a kiss from Cheryl! :notworthy:

(For anyone who missed it, he's in the second half of this 2½-minute video ... after the advert anyway ... or on YouTube, minus the advert, it's

...)

James