Sign in to follow this  
welshlass

Just completing this formality!

Hi to everybody from myself and my son!

My son is 16 years old and has Aspergers. I will not go into the whole, how he was diagnosed, what we have been through up to this point as it is all possibly too familiar a story to you so will spare you!

I have 2 other children, an 18 year old young 'lady' and a 12 year old young 'lady' - I try to have them behave like ladies you know, I do, really! :wacko: I try to ignore the thought of, what hope do they have with me as their mother.....

My son is at college on a PDC (personal development course) after gaining an incredible 8 gcse's at B and C grade this year. English was a D but you know what? Who gives a p%@p? The boy did good and we are so proud of him, we could burst!

We have our trials which is the reason I have signed up here. I find this stage of his life far more complex and upseting (all around, for him, for myself) than when he was little so have come along for some support and such.

So, hello to you all and see you around the forum.

x

Thanks both.

It's been a slightly tense three weeks to say the least but his tutor says he is settling well, very quiet but then he is unless he is at home with us.

I believe his tutors think I mother him to much. I am afraid they are right but will unfortunately challenge them strongly when they accuse me of this. I get very uppity about it all and the phrase 'I am all he has' is far too easily and angrily flowing out of my mouth...

It was actually worse in the weeks of the summer holidays as he thought about going to college. The thought of it for him was worse than the actual reality of doing it. He is only there 3 days a week and in situated in the special needs section of the building. He is with other young girls and boys with similar conditions so he seems to be okay. He walked out with another lad yesterday and I was almost clapping as I saw them chatting away together.

x

Hi Welshlass and welcome,

I have a 16 yr old (daughter) who's just started college on a 3 day a week Media studies course. Fingers and toes crossed things work out for you and your boy.

Take care,

Jb