Tally

My New House

The purchase of my new house completed today, it is mine!

I should be happy, but I'm completely terrified. I don't know how I am going to manage at all, since I am completely exhausted living with my parents and very close to work.

The purchase of my new house completed today, it is mine!

I should be happy, but I'm completely terrified. I don't know how I am going to manage at all, since I am completely exhausted living with my parents and very close to work.

Congratulations, Tally. There is nothing like having your own place. You can close the door on the world when you feel like it, because it's your house. I am sure that you will be OK. What is it that terrifies you ?

Do you have friends and family living close by, so that you can call on them if you need help with anything ?

All the best and enjoy !

Brilliant! :thumbs:

Hope the house meets with feline approval as well. :)

Take it easy - it's your house and you can settle down gradually at your own pace.

K x

I can totally understand why your terrified but having your own home and enjoying the peace and quiet is luxuary now a days, it is obvously going to take time to settle in but enjoy the beginning too, what about a shopping spree, some new cusions, or a rug, lamp, get it all cozy for the incoming colder nights, it is going to a great experience.

JsMumxxxx

I went there today. All I did was take two car-loads there, but I am completely exhausted.

At the moment I am living with my parents and they cook my dinner and my work is ten minutes' walk away. Even like this, I am completely exhausted all the time. My new house is a half an hour drive away from work, plus I will have to clean it and cook all my own meals and cope with the day to day things like bills. I know I managed before, but I wasn't this tired then.

I knew there were a couple of jobs to do, but today I found even more.

MMM having your own place does mean housework im afraid, what about a list or a tasks list, (dont like calling them chores sound labourous, though it is at times) but just list the priority, do you have a phone, I do my list on that and it rings to tell me what to do, my main issue is the laundry, I have a steam mop so like doing the kitchen floor, I put the music on and do my housework, do a little everyday that way it doesnt build up, at the moment your still settling in so give yourself some time, do estentials, for now just do quick meals, egg butty, jam on toast, make porrage for breakfast that kind of thing.

What about inviting mum over for tea and requesting her support for making it, looks like you could do with the Good Houskeeping manual.

Take it easy basically for a few weeks, no going mad and trying to be a show room home, its your home dont forget.

I remember been exhausted when I moved to my new home, but most of that was throw excitement and joy, it is rather tiring been happy.

JsMumxxx

I went today with another car load. I have taken the spare bed so I can stay there overnight even though I am not actually moving in properly yet. As it is a half an hour drive from my parents' house, it means I can be there early in the morning if workmen are coming without having to get up too early. The spare bedroom is looking quite homely now and I have put up some pictures and a make-shift curtain.

My dad brought a few boxes in his car and I unpacked them as well. One of them was all blankets, so I just took them out of the box and put them in a pile in the corner - that was an easy one!

I got four enormous calendar thingies. Each one has one week on it and there is plenty of space to write tasks for each day on it. I have put them up in the hallway because that was the only wall long enough for them all. I think they're good there anyway because I will see them every time I come in the door and know what I have to do. Also, if I have been given jobs/appointments, etc while I was out, I can write them down as soon as I come in the door before I forget them! Being organised might make me less tired.

I had a bit of a lie-in this morning and only did the journey once even though I had two car-loads to unpack. I think this might be why I am not feeling so tired today. Still got loads to do, but my dad is going to help.

Love the callenders, we have done these with J, planning and organising will defo help you feel in some kind of control and defo reduce the exhaustion, the lye is will do you the world of good, taking it easy will help you enjoy it, there is no rush, your new home is for long term hopefully so it doesnt have to be done in a day, or a week for that matter.

You will have to change your FROM information from I live in a Shed, to Live in a lovely new home.

It sounds like its going at a pace you can cope with and hopefully your still enjoying it.

I have these in my bedroom and there great, not too painful for the eye when its darker.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...PINK+LIGHTS.htm

also this very pretty.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...PINK+LIGHTS.htm

I managed to get mine half price, but they are lovely.

Also just saw this but a bit pricey so will be looking out for this if it goes in the sale!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/cata...ber/4324957.htm

It sounds like your place is coming along very nicely.

JsMumxxx

I went today with another car load. I have taken the spare bed so I can stay there overnight even though I am not actually moving in properly yet. As it is a half an hour drive from my parents' house, it means I can be there early in the morning if workmen are coming without having to get up too early. The spare bedroom is looking quite homely now and I have put up some pictures and a make-shift curtain.

My dad brought a few boxes in his car and I unpacked them as well. One of them was all blankets, so I just took them out of the box and put them in a pile in the corner - that was an easy one!

I got four enormous calendar thingies. Each one has one week on it and there is plenty of space to write tasks for each day on it. I have put them up in the hallway because that was the only wall long enough for them all. I think they're good there anyway because I will see them every time I come in the door and know what I have to do. Also, if I have been given jobs/appointments, etc while I was out, I can write them down as soon as I come in the door before I forget them! Being organised might make me less tired.

I had a bit of a lie-in this morning and only did the journey once even though I had two car-loads to unpack. I think this might be why I am not feeling so tired today. Still got loads to do, but my dad is going to help.

I think it is great that you are getting so organised. You'll find things settle quickly into a routine and then you'll be fine. I think you have done so well: a job (or is it two) a house! You should really feel proud Tally as not many people, ASD or not, manage this much. No wonder you are tired!

Be kind to yourself!

I stayed at the house last night.

I was brave and used the shower. I hate unfamiliar showers!

This morning I cleaned the carpets. They are still pretty manky, but they are better than they were!

Tomorrow my grandparents are coming for lunch. I am taking some sandwiches and I can heat up a quiche in the oven now that I have worked out how it works. I don't have a table, but I do have chairs we can sit on.

Now I have the hard bit to do - calling plumbers, gas fitters, fencers and electricians. 3 quotes per job means I need 12 quotes. I don't know how I am going to manage this!

Now I have the hard bit to do - calling plumbers, gas fitters, fencers and electricians. 3 quotes per job means I need 12 quotes. I don't know how I am going to manage this!

I hate doing this kind of thing too. You could spread it out and do one lot per week, starting with the most urgent job of the 4. Or you could take a deep breath and do the lot all at once!

K x

Good luck with calling plumbers, gas fitters, fencers and electricians and getting it all sorted, can be very costly good idea getting lot's of different quotes. Hope you settle into your new home soon.

Teresa