Sooze2

No TA is class today

She was at another school all day with some of our school pupils doing dance! She should have spent at least 3.5 hours with him in class. DS told me about it this evening. DH wants to go the the head and find out what is going on, I just want to got straight to the LEA and find out what is going on OR run away to a mad house and stay there until DS leaves school :wacko:

I thought we had it cracked, Parent Partnership sorted out the time table showing when the TA was with DS (the one the SENCO laughingly said she and the LEA knew nothing about!) - I got that yeasterday and told her the bits that needed re arranging. Apparently he has settled well and is fine in class. Need a meeting with teacher to find out what he is acheiving in class due to him telling me that he spent a whole topic lesson copying from the white board, this means he probably did nothing.

Still don't know what his individual literacy program is, apparently the IEP's are going out soon so perhaps I find out then. Sorry just random ramblings again. I was trying not to think about this because first of all I have a terrible cold and secondly since things are moving in the right direction I thought I could stop thinking about and let.

:wallbash:

Hello

i couldn't cope without my support person in class, in fact i couldn't cope before i had access to a support person (they didn't admit i had aspergers til age 16). It could be that we have problems accessing our memories. Ask to see his school books instead that hes written in.

i hope you resolve your situation soon.

Alexis

I have been here - the slipperly slope of the agreed support gradually leaking out to support other children. In the end despite having full time 1:1 DD1s individual support declined to around 30-40 minutes per day - and this was only because the LSA was put in charge of teaching her maths and english - a very bad moved when she knew more than the LSA.

I would be inclined to tackle this from both ends and contact both LEA and school - point out to the school that the statement is a legally binding document of the support that must be provided to your child and not another pair of hands for the school to use as their feel like it - some schools do not understand this

Sorry to go at a tangent but when i went to college i had no problems with my TA supporting other students if i was ok with my work.