sarahob19

problems with bowel movements

Hi any advice i could have would be helpful. When i get nervous or i am worried about something for example an interview my bowel movements arent very nice and its very hard to control them. i have been given noramide (imodium) from my GP but then i can go to the toilet for around a week and then it upsets my stomach. i know its sort of linked to my aspergers with nerves and stuff but anyone else got any soloutions.

Thanks

Sarah :rolleyes:

Sounds like IBS to me. Can you take something for anxiety? supplements or medicine wise.

Alexis

i have exact same thing as you when get anxious ' i go more often' and i think same as you when feel anxious and nervous plays up more so know it that and AS together i thought i was JUST ME oviously NOT!!! hooray! i have anxiety probs anyways in other areas i feel sick dry mouth all signs etc

XKLX

me and my mum said IBS cos my gran had it and nor i dont have nout to suppliment it. yeh i get sick and dry mouthed as well when something gets me really worried.

You need to understand that it is normal to feel and even need to "GO" when nervous. This is all part of the fight or flight thing. For most people it is no more than butterflies in the stomach but for some especially if the is an underlying problem it can get out of hand. The fact that you know you may/will have a problem only adds to your anxiety and compounds the situating.

I thing the first step would be to try and stay relaxed, Not easy I know. You could look to see if there is an underlying medical condition that could be dealt with. You could try one of them over the counter products.

That's all I can really add to whats been said.

Edited by chris54