Sign in to follow this  
mygifts1306

introduction

Hi all, I have tried to find ways of posting on the introduction, this did not seem to work,I even emailed Kris for some guidance, So I will introduce myself here and I am sure my post will be put on the appropriate part of the site

Dear all

First of all, what a fantastic job the administrators of this site are doing, this is really good and will give people hope, its heart breaking to read some stories,however it helps others so they dont feel so alone and isolated.

I have a two boys 6.5years and 3. My oldest was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome in 2008 Dec, it came as a relief and particularly for me it was an eye opener. We have been frustrated by the education system for the first 2 years, the whole experience nearly broke my family. But now in his third year, things are settling a bit. I am happy to share my strategies with others and discuss things.

many thanks :thumbs:

You're in the right place Mygifts - welcome to the forum. :)

Look forward to hearing your experiences,

K x

Hello, and welcome to the forum :)

Let us know if you need any help with using the forum.

Edited by Tally

Hellooooo, I thought I would seek you out because I'd not seen you here before but you have given me some great answers on a thread.

Welcome to the forum, this place is a life line for me and has helped me get a diagnosis for my son who is now 10 and was diagnosed with ASD and ADHD in September '08 just before he was 9. He and my DH are very similar and I was determined that I would get him help and understanding to enable him rather than him experience what my DH had to go through at school with no one to stand by him. Like you, my family nearly fell apart and me and my hubby were close to throttling each other with the frustraion of it all (the system)

You have helped me to >:D<<'>

I like that you say your children are your gifts this is so true,I think even though all of us have really hard times we are all grateful to have our children,as so many are not that fortunate.

Chat anytime you want.