Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Panorama

Did anyone catch the panorama that was just on? I found it rather disturbing as someone who lives in Bristol but also someone who has lived in places like southmead and been on the end of such abuse. Certainly brought back far too many bad memories. What did you think?

yes did catch the last 1/2 hour or so thought it was disgusting that they could get away with it and rather disturbing to see an 11 year old acting like that!!just cant believe that 11 years he could be so disrespectful of anybody and talk about knives and guns as though it was a game and at one point he just looked pure evil.luckily have never had to put up with this and hopefully never will but count myself lucky.

I also live in Bristol, I didnt watch it though.....me and my children were made homeless on 18th December last year due to Racial & Disablist Harrassment and had to move home 4 times between that date and June this year when we were eventually given our permanent home and we still have no carpets and very little furniture (that we do have came from freecycle) as we had to leave most of our stuff behind in order to move quickly and safely.

The police did arrest the man but he got away with everything (even shooting someone with an air rifle in the chest) due to lack of evidence BAH!!!!

Its been a complete nightmare!

I might watch it on catch up but i'm thinking it will be too hard for me to watch, too many memories etc :tearful:

I'm really sorry to hear that Minerva, I hope you and your children settle well into your new home. >:D<<'> It really is disgusting the way that some people treat others.

The programme did show young people being very racist. As for the 11 year old being verbally abusive to an adult. It appears his path to jail is well on the wall.

How small minded these people are.

The young girl who told the woman she was beautiful made me laugh. I think the little girl was amazed to see someone who was not while and how nice of her to speak to the woman nicely.

Also there was the older man who shouted at the 11 year old "what are you doing." This cause the 11 year old to run off. At least not every one was racist but it was distrubing.

I also watched a programme on the BNP last week and this shocked me more. They interviewed older people not the typically young skin head. These people were saying they believed in a while society and everyone else should go back. If any one tried to discuss there opinion with them the BNP would end the discussion and than as the person walked off there would call them a fat s....... I thought the BNP were bad but this claified how bad they were.

It saddens me that some people I know, even some family members, whiles not openly racist, express what I consider to be racist views when talking about politics or society in general. They assume that as I am from the same ethnic group as them that I hold the same views as them.

That those that are different are somehow lesser people.

I'm really sorry to hear that Minerva, I hope you and your children settle well into your new home. >:D<<'> It really is disgusting the way that some people treat others.

Its oki SG, it happens! And unfortunately a lot more common than a lot of people realise.

I think the way people are brought up has a lot to answer to!!

It was appauling but glad everyone knows that it is happening.I am white and my husbands black,I grew up in South africa where such things are common came here cause thought would be better to raise a family on a whole things have been good but last year I moved to a small village and my kids were racially abused everyday,by kids aged 6-12 years.I hated the snide remarks people made when we past etc.My kids just had enough so left after 6 months.

Minerva, Justine and anyone else who has had to suffer the effects of racism >:D<<'> >:D<<'> to you.

In north London the teenage son of a friend of mine has had cigarette ash flicked at him by an adult and abuse shouted at him in the street by other schoolkids - because he is Jewish. People are unbelievable!!! :(

K x