Sign in to follow this  
mygifts1306

Sadness

Dear all, today I feel very sad. I feel very isolated. Over the last year or so people that i thought were friends left me in the cold. not making contact, when i do i get barked at. I really like people and i am very sensitive, but i realise that I am going to have to have a new personality and keep to my self. THe thing that hurts me the most is all these people that i really thought were my friends did not even explain to me what i had done wrong. sorry :wallbash:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry you are feeling sad today.

I do not think it is possible to have a new personality.Your personality is what makes you you.

If people really want to be your friend then they will accept you as you are.

You could go on forever attempting to be different to fit with what you think people want and they might never be happy.

Karen.

Dear all, today I feel very sad. I feel very isolated. Over the last year or so people that i thought were friends left me in the cold. not making contact, when i do i get barked at. I really like people and i am very sensitive, but i realise that I am going to have to have a new personality and keep to my self. THe thing that hurts me the most is all these people that i really thought were my friends did not even explain to me what i had done wrong. sorry :wallbash:

I get like this alot is is so hard,I have alot of social issues myself though I know my ex has AS I sometimes look at myself and think I to may have AS.I just find it a nightmare to make friends to be honest,the mums at my kids school,most are either much older than me or talk about stuff I hate eg.celebreties,diets,fashion,it makes me feel abnormal cause I like talking about scientific breakthroughs,social decline and politics.I had some friends from work but again they did not have kids and when I talk about my four they seemed as though they were not bothered.I will be your mate :rolleyes:

hi i'll be your friend >:D<<'> >:D<<'> tommorows another day and things may be better :thumbs: have 3 kids eldest of 13 waiting for aspergers diagnosis,can be very lonely and isolating when you have no-one round you that knows what your going through,not been on forum long but it helps to realise your not alone >:D<<'> how old are children?

and hey if the people you thought were your friends arent there when you need them >:D<<'> they cant be true friends >:D<<'>

hope you feel better tommorow :thumbs:

Oh thanks be my friend will you??? I am a deep person and i realise that most of the time when i talk to people it always seems like i am lecturing to them, and they always say that I am clever. And other mums at school, yes you are right the conversations are very shallow, such as Katie price, Slimming classes, and at christmas time all they say is " I am cutting back this year, but i spent£700 on my youngest already", then you get Eastenders chat. Just so boring to be honest. And people at work are not interested i find, the thing with me is, i think i lack the likeability factor if i can make that up. I am quite a soft spoken person and try to take people as i find them, I work very hard I dont skive or anything, but still people just dont like me. I think i am an aspie. I have read a lot of books about this subject and it appears i am normal. For instance there is are these women i see at school, I have said hello to them all the time and yet they wont say it to me, i keep telling myself just keep doing good. But i think its gotta to stop, so i decided to not speak to them as well. the strange thing is when i make conversation with them they speak.

I think I understand why I felt the way i did today. Ds not having a good week at all, hitting and shouting and not listening, i will start a thread on this so i can see what other mums do when their kids have had a bad day. I said no computer game but can watch telly.

Edited by mygifts1306

oh thank you. Oldest DS is nearly 7 and has aspergers syndrome, was problematic in the 1st and second year because of aggressive tendencies. seemily he has been hitting this week. When my little boy comes out of school, i just want to hug him, and not have to tell him off. but its because his routine was upset,these kids are so sensitive. youngest ds is 3 and a bit, seems ok so far. thanks a lot. :thumbs:

Hiya mygifts,

I know you feel like you "have to" tell your child off when he has had a bad day at school but I would disagree with that. If you want to give him a cuddle then give him a cuddle. They will punish him enough in school for incidents that happen there, they dont punish your child when hes had a bad day at home do they?

Obviously if hes had a bad day I personally wouldnt take him to the cinema or any other treat even if it was already booked, and I would want to discuss what has happened. But I would never punish either of them for something they are already suffering for again....no matter who expects it of me.... :whistle:

Anytime you want to give him a hug you give him one! Perhaps make him earn it if you feel you should....by asking him to talk to you about what happened (that in itself can be punishment to some children!!)

thank you, infact i started a thread before about it, and my laptop started an update thing and put itself off.So i will need to do the thread, but i will do it from wordprocessor and hopefully it wont time out.