asnewb

What thought come to your mind when you see this?

Hi,

Do we think alike? It's an innocent record breaking video but what thought comes to your mind? I'll keep mine till little later so as to not influence your answer.

I believe he has now started to build a fleet of ships from matchsticks ! Just a a little bit obsessional but nobody was ever harmed by it, except perhaps his wife, who said ""I am absolutely sick to death at the sight of a matchstick but I think there is still more to come unfortunately "

"But at least I know where he is and what he's doing, so I'd rather have him there than down the pub."

Its clearly an amazing piece of work - art even - but my initial thought was - why on earth would you want to ? (make an oil rig out of matchsticks). I am always amazed people have this much patience, but perhaps if I was his wife, I would have played him at his own game and made a washing machine, cooker, hoover, freezer, iron and ironing board out of matchsticks, and let him get on with it. :lol::lol:

The thought that came to my mind was "his poor wife". :unsure:

It is amazing and very clever (though I wonder if it is solid matchsticks or built around some sort of base structure), but I would also ask "why an oil rig?".

First impression: What -- and why -- on earth? Breathtaking...! I bet his partner gives him hell for it, though! :devil:

Second thoughts: Incredibly well done. But again, why the heck would anybody want to? Is it really all matchsticks? And why an oil rig, even if he did work on one :unsure:

Edited by Martin Howe

My first thought is "Who has a shed that big?" then I read the report. My second thought was "What is the point?"

At least his wife knows where he is, lol.

Well my first thoughts were that it could have been my stepson (AS) who would do something like that!!! He could spend hours on end building with kinects (sp) or drawing painfully intricate pictures!! It always amazed me how he could concentrate calmly for hours with some things (he is also ADHD) when he would have little concentration for much else!!!