Sign in to follow this  
julie1

independent schools

does anyone no what websites there are to search for independent special schools, i have tryed but im not so good with the whole internet thing.

I just googled independent schools in ...then my area n they came up.

Fortunately tho I heard of the one im sending my son to in Sep 2010 thru his chapel n he asked me could it be considered cos he did not wanna go to comp cos the bully will be there. :thumbs:

Hi

It depends what you are looking for, i.e ASD specific, or day versus residential school.

You can request a list of all independent schools from your LEA (our parent partnership gave us ours). This list contains all the web addresses and contact details etc and we found it really useful.

Also the OFSTED website is a good one to search, alternatively put the type of school you are looking for into google.

If you are looking for ASD specific residential schools I can PM you a few names if that helps?

Not a lot to go on but I hope it helps.

Ann

Hi

It depends what you are looking for, i.e ASD specific, or day versus residential school.

You can request a list of all independent schools from your LEA (our parent partnership gave us ours). This list contains all the web addresses and contact details etc and we found it really useful.

Also the OFSTED website is a good one to search, alternatively put the type of school you are looking for into google.

If you are looking for ASD specific residential schools I can PM you a few names if that helps?

Not a lot to go on but I hope it helps.

Ann

im gping to sound really thick now but im not sure what PM means, but any help would be great thanks.

Hi Julie1

I have sent you a private message with some school details. I hope it helps you in your search.

Ann :)

thanks ever so much will start to look at all of them.

does anyone no what websites there are to search for independent special schools, i have tryed but im not so good with the whole internet thing.

Have you tried this site?: www.isbi.com