wasuup

Just been shopping

Kids are still off today for half term.

My 5 year old was manically running up the freezer aisle and down shouting "shut the doors" over and over even when people were actually trying to get something out of there. Managed to get him out of the area and calm hin down but still was extremely embarrasing even though it wasn't that busy because it was still quite early on a Monday. :rolleyes:

Edited by wasuup

My 5 year old was manically running up the freezer aisle and down shouting "shut the doors" over and over even when people were actually trying to get something out of there.

Well I'm glad hes back at school now, cause that my job.

what fun :lol: my son in church mimicks the head teacher from assembly,with when after the minster speaks,he said "thank you for the music Jim!" and to the congregation he said." that was very nice,you can all sit down now!" :whistle: in his head teachers type voice. as for embarrass,ment Asda in Elgin, queueing to pay for clothes,a number is announced,but us she just called us over without announcing the number and he :george: with :crying::angry: being nearly 10 he is quite strong to drag out and parents saying and i thought my children were naughty. you concentrate on the person and try to ignore the stares boring into your back with tutts!

talking of asda in elgin have you seen the extra large animated father christmas at the door saw it the other day,my dd would have a pink fit ,cant deal with small ones let alone 6ft santa!!!so glad she wasnt with me,not that she would be because she doesnt go out but the thought was there.

regards julia

last weekend my dd3 who is only 4 years old deciced to strip off in mothercare she said she was hot, so i pulled the zip down on her coat then looked at the clothes for just about 1 min then disaster she was gone, i found her just a couple of seconds later undressed lying down on a cot bed. oh well at least she kept her knickers on. we just had to laugh.

Kids are still off today for half term.

My 5 year old was manically running up the freezer aisle and down shouting "shut the doors" over and over even when people were actually trying to get something out of there. Managed to get him out of the area and calm hin down but still was extremely embarrassing even though it wasn't that busy because it was still quite early on a Monday. :rolleyes:

Could he have been reacting to the cold? i know the cold bothers me in supermarkets even when im dressed up like an Eskimo. Unless hes repeating something that's been said on the tv or at home about "shutting the freezer doors"? Another possibility is that the noise of the freezers is bothering him.

Alexis

what fun :lol: my son in church mimics the head teacher from assembly,with when after the minster speaks,he said "thank you for the music Jim!" and to the congregation he said." that was very nice,you can all sit down now!" :whistle: in his head teachers type voice. as for embarrassment Asda in Elgin, queueing to pay for clothes,a number is announced,but us she just called us over without announcing the number and he :george: with :crying::angry: being nearly 10 he is quite strong to drag out and parents saying and i thought my children were naughty. you concentrate on the person and try to ignore the stares boring into your back with tutts!

"An autism alert card" can help in this situation. Just say excuse me in a stern voice and show them the card! i showed my "i have dyslexia card" today before i got served in the coffee shop as i needed them to help me register it. i cant read certain websites and this site in particular was bound to use white writing which even with my colorimeters and long-sightedness specs on find almost impossible to read.

Alexis

Could he have been reacting to the cold? i know the cold bothers me in supermarkets even when im dressed up like an Eskimo. Unless hes repeating something that's been said on the tv or at home about "shutting the freezer doors"? Another possibility is that the noise of the freezers is bothering him.

Alexis

Yes that could be a possibility well all 3 could. Today there was one on those signposts that have 2 long poles and the sign above it. He started screaming because the rest of the family has already gone under it. Froze to the spot. Everyone had to come back (6 of us in our family) and let him go under the sign first. What plonkers we must have looked!! Then in the pasty shop we were being served and someone came up and starting serving the person behind us. He turned to the young girl next to us and told her very loudly and crossly "It's not your turn we haven't finished yet "! :rolleyes:

In school on Friday he had a bidding prayer to read out in a parent assembly which he did so very loudly and sang the last line-apparently! I wasn't there because no matter how many times I try to tell the class teacher that he doesn't tell me anything she doesn't seem to get it. Teacher said "He read out loudly and even sang the last line. He's not shy at all is he? Didn't he tell you he was reading in todays assembly?" :whistle:

what fun :lol: my son in church mimicks the head teacher from assembly,with when after the minster speaks,he said "thank you for the music Jim!" and to the congregation he said." that was very nice,you can all sit down now!" :whistle: in his head teachers type voice. as for embarrass,ment Asda in Elgin, queueing to pay for clothes,a number is announced,but us she just called us over without announcing the number and he :george: with :crying::angry: being nearly 10 he is quite strong to drag out and parents saying and i thought my children were naughty. you concentrate on the person and try to ignore the stares boring into your back with tutts!

Yes my son does this mimics the vicar who sings very loudly and mimics the vicars Amens very loudly as well! I try to ignore them best I can but I am still really aware of then as well. Fortunately he is quite a small 5 still and looks much younger but I don't look forward to the day when he gets older and is too big and strong.

last weekend my dd3 who is only 4 years old deciced to strip off in mothercare she said she was hot, so i pulled the zip down on her coat then looked at the clothes for just about 1 min then disaster she was gone, i found her just a couple of seconds later undressed lying down on a cot bed. oh well at least she kept her knickers on. we just had to laugh.

:thumbs:>:D<<'>