bid

Sibling News

DD no. 1 is in year 10 now, and has just organised a couple of things off her own back :)

First of all, she has been accepted as a volunteer at our local family special needs playscheme, which all three of my eldest went to when Big A was Little A! This is part of her D of E Award.

And secondly, she is in the process of organising her work experience at the special school where DH works. She's really excited about this and can't wait until next term :lol:

It's made me feel that maybe her family life with special needs hasn't been so bad after all! :D

Bid :)

Edited by bid

:thumbs: excellent news.

My S has ended up as a nursery assistant with 1-1 responsibility for a tot with SEN - like you say, it can have some very positive results.

She did her first session today, and absolutely loved it! :thumbs: She said that she would love to do it even if it wasn't for her D of E.

She shadowed an older girl from her school who she is friends with anyway, looking after a child with SLD.

Staff there remembered Big A when he was Little A, and had also attended Jester's Autism Outreach Training that he led last year :lol:

So I'm really proud of her :wub:

Bid :)