albertosaurus

New person waving hello!

Hi,

I just thought I'd come and wave and say hello. I'm a mum to two boys, one has a verbal working diagnosis of aspergers (highly functioning / mild).

He's a wonderful little boy who lightens our lives and has taught me more about dinosaurs than I ever thought I wanted to know!

He is however experiencing many problems in year 1 of our local school, mainly around social interaction and refusal to engage in work. But I have given up work to be here for him and to liaise with all the agencies to try and help.

Am looking forward to chatting with you all and being able to be honest and open about the highs and the lows.

Al x x x x

Hello Al and welcome to the forum :thumbs:

My 6 year old boy has high functioning autism, and has a special interest in cars. He recently pointed out to me that newer Volswagens have a little 'VW' badge inside the headlights :0 I can't walk past one now without having a look :lol:

I wish I had the time and the insight to see things like that :clap:

Nicky >:D<<'>

Hello, and welcome.

Have you been to any Help Programmes run by the National Autistic Society. They also do day seminars about the SEN process which is very useful.

You could post the problems you're having in school in the Education forum for people to give their advice.

Hi,

I just thought I'd come and wave and say hello. I'm a mum to two boys, one has a verbal working diagnosis of aspergers (highly functioning / mild).

He's a wonderful little boy who lightens our lives and has taught me more about dinosaurs than I ever thought I wanted to know!

He is however experiencing many problems in year 1 of our local school, mainly around social interaction and refusal to engage in work. But I have given up work to be here for him and to liaise with all the agencies to try and help.

Am looking forward to chatting with you all and being able to be honest and open about the highs and the lows.

Al x x x x

Ooops, sorry about previous. Welcome, my son is 5 and has a diagnosis of HFA. I've tried to get him onto dinosaurs but he always goes back to Thomas . . .!!! :whistle:

Hope you find all the answers you need, TT x

Hello, welcome to the forum!