trekster

reading screen upside down

hello

As my dyslexia means i can read better right to left than left to right........i find reading upside down easier than the right way up.

Does anyone know of a driver i can put on my computer screen that will stay until i set the pc to cancel it please?

Previous suggestions mean as soon as my mouse clicks the driver goes and the screen becomes back to right way up.

i can already enlarge the test on the screen but the upside down screen will make misunderstandings less of a problem.

i am currently misreading stuff and missing out on reading stuff also getting tired from reading stuff. That is no matter

what time of the day it is mind you.

Alexis

hello

As my dyslexia means i can read better right to left than left to right........i find reading upside down easier than the right way up.

Does anyone know of a driver i can put on my computer screen that will stay until i set the pc to cancel it please?

Previous suggestions mean as soon as my mouse clicks the driver goes and the screen becomes back to right way up.

i can already enlarge the test on the screen but the upside down screen will make misunderstandings less of a problem.

i am currently misreading stuff and missing out on reading stuff also getting tired from reading stuff. That is no matter

what time of the day it is mind you.

Alexis

Hi Alexis

Fascinating problem (to me).

Would any of the Dyslexia charities be able to help? You may not be the only person who needs this (although you might be one of the rare people who has realised the solution to these specific difficulties). Perhaps you could write to Bill Gates - I know that Microsoft take a great interest in Asperger's and related conditions. Maybe you could get them to let you trial a system? Has to be worth a try!

i think ive asked the only adult dyslexia association but i could ask my university disability assessment centre.

Alexis

There is a possibility that this problem can be treated in seconds - and as it will not just be affecting computer work (even if not percieved) - it should be considered seriously.

But, there again, I believe that every person on the spectrum should have their sensory processing addressed - as it causes so many of the problems encountered. And every parent of a child on the spectrum should treat it as a priority - when you see what I do every day of the week - you would be horrified at what so many children have to put with.

There is a possibility that this problem can be treated in seconds - and as it will not just be affecting computer work (even if not percieved) - it should be considered seriously.

But, there again, I believe that every person on the spectrum should have their sensory processing addressed - as it causes so many of the problems encountered. And every parent of a child on the spectrum should treat it as a priority - when you see what I do every day of the week - you would be horrified at what so many children have to put with.

By treated do you mean cured? i need a cure for this problem not a long term treatment.

Symptoms can be stopped - which is not a cure - but it is close

You can't cure many conditions e.g. if you have a cold you may take drugs to suppress symptoms - but you don't cure the cold - but it can be a big difference

Symptoms can be stopped - which is not a cure - but it is close

You can't cure many conditions e.g. if you have a cold you may take drugs to suppress symptoms - but you don't cure the cold - but it can be a big difference

Trekster

Firstly, you should definitely investogate what Ian is suggesting - I think you will find it a huge help.

In the meantime, if you have Windows 7 (and this might be available on Vista as well) you can turn the screen upside-down.

In the Display properties, Screen Resolution, there is an option for Orientation" which can be set to "Landscape (flipped)"

Worth a try - but follow-up with Ian as well!

Phil

Trekster

Firstly, you should definitely investigate what Ian is suggesting - I think you will find it a huge help.

In the meantime, if you have Windows 7 (and this might be available on Vista as well) you can turn the screen upside-down.

In the Display properties, Screen Resolution, there is an option for Orientation" which can be set to "Landscape (flipped)"

Worth a try - but follow-up with Ian as well!

Phil

i couldn't cope with vista so im still on XP but i will look in the display options of Xp in case it is there. i live south of bristol

so it is extremely difficult for me to get to an appointment.

Alexis